Capitol rioter's lawyer uses "Foxitis" as excuse, interrupted on zoom by another rioter: "F*ck all of y'all!"

If he were acquitted, could it set a precedent that right-wing propaganda outlets are a pernicious influence on society that must be dealt with?

10 Likes

The QOP is the Party of Personal Responsibility (unless you mean them specifically)

8 Likes

I don’t recall that believing lies is a valid legal excuse for committing a crime. It’s certainly a plausible reason.

14 Likes

The judge is quietly thinking “Challenge accepted, see here you next week so we can discuss the additional sanctions I am going to impose…”

3 Likes

For your entertainment, The Parler Pardons

4 Likes

The guys laugh is almost as crazy as mine, I love him!

4 Likes

There is a clear suggestion that there is a correct amount of Fox News to watch, with the implication that it is more than zero. If only it could be negative, and our minds could vomit forth this filth, beam it from our eyes back into our screens, and focus it back on the source of this corruption. But no, sadly, it is not possible and y’all be duly fucked.

11 Likes

I can imagine the defense calling a large number of non-right people to testify:

“Do you or don’t you think that watching too much Fox makes people stupid?”
“Well, in general sure, but…”
“That will be all. No further questions.”

5 Likes

ah, the old “inchoate rage” defense…

1 Like

I have to wonder if this kind of outburst is a kind of relief to the attorneys - they can know that they’re doing a solid good faith best effort to defend their clients, and that there’s also no chance that their clients will escape the convictions they deserved.

6 Likes

I think that the act of pleading Affluenza should forfeit the defendant’s right to property of any form. If an overabundance of material wealth is driving them to crime, then the obvious solution is to remove the root cause.

15 Likes

Hear hear!

4 Likes

And if the very act of watching Fox News makes a person riot and and storm the Capitol…

5 Likes

[Georgia judge mixes it up with murderer Denver Fenton Allen]

My first exposure to this clip. Wow. Um, whats bizarre about it is: every trial judge in the country would have cut it off in the first 5 seconds (not 500 seconds), as soon defendant started in with insults. I read later the judge himself was removed from the case, appropriately so.

1 Like

Yeah by the midpoint in that transcript the judge comes off looking almost as bad as the defendant.

4 Likes

Having grown up with a butcher in the family, why so much worry?

Concerned that you may end up in the rendering drum?

1 Like

I think he’d have better luck with the Chewbacca defense.

2 Likes

I wonder whether the lawyer was trying to set up a civil case against Fox. Because that might bring in some money, unlike defending a raving insurrectionist.

Fox News, Capitol rioters, and Opportunist Lawyers all clawing at each other: wouldn’t that be nice? However, this never seems to happen, does it? It seems they recognise they are both on Team Evil before the body count even starts. Heigh-ho.

“very fine people”

1 Like