Watch: Capitol rioter's lawyer gives a statement about his cop-attacking client's 41-month sentence

Originally published at: Watch: Capitol rioter's lawyer gives a statement about his cop-attacking client's 41-month sentence | Boing Boing

6 Likes

What is that thing in Fairlamb’s mouth in the photo?

15 Likes

His butt-plug, is my guess.

13 Likes

Fairlamb’s attorney, Harley Breite, blamed right-wing media for influencing his client.

For someone who prides himself on his expertise for giving an honest legal defense for his despised clients, that’s pretty weak. I’ll follow his lead and blame it on a client who’s more despicable than he’s used to.

10 Likes

How does that old conservative adage go, “Ignorance of the law is no defense”? :man_shrugging:

21 Likes

He’s way too big an asshole for a butt-plug that small.

33 Likes

Unless you’re a cop of course.

17 Likes

GIF by Giffffr

11 Likes

It’s the best defense he’s got, though.

8 Likes

Not sure who wrote the synopsis for the documentary but it makes the lawyer seem like the PERFECT lawyer for a qnut

One day, Harley meets the woman of his dreams online. She is bodybuilding model, 20 years his junior and she already has a boyfriend. In an attempt to conquer her, Harley embarks on an ambitious quest to prove to her he is more of a man than her fiancé.

Seems to me a person who sees women as objects to conquer would have no qualms about representing a capitol rioter (how well he does his lawyery stuff I dunno)

14 Likes

To them, it’s more like ‘defence of ignorance is our law’.

11 Likes

That documentary. . . if I didn’t know better I’d think it was a parody/mock-umentary.

9 Likes

Looks like it might be a pepper ball round (unexploded/broken)

16 Likes

Yes, similar. It is a less lethal round. A fancy paintball with permanent paint and weighted with powdered bismuth.

That lawyer’s hair style says: Business in front, 4:20 somewhere in the back. And the glasses look like he stole from from Rodger Stone.

6 Likes

Then he has it in WAY too deep.

12 Likes

Shotgun slug with the plastic wad attached.

ETA I think @Mister44 is correct, I think it’s a frangible crowd control round.

But yeah it definitely looks 12 guage in diameter.

4 Likes

These treasonistas should be getting 10-year sentences at a minimum. Trying to overthrow the government is a serious offense. People died. The Puerto Rican protesters got 50-year sentences.

16 Likes

That excuse worked for Don Jr. and his claims that he didn’t know it was illegal to work with foreign actors (Russians) in order to get dirt on Hillary Clinton for his dad’s 2016 campaign.

Congress: “Mueller has proof that you worked with Russian operatives to get information on Hillary Clinton.”
Don Jr.: “I didn’t know that was illegal.”
Congress: “Oh, well that’s totally fine then. Sorry to have bothered you.”

9 Likes

It should’ve been titled “Incel-tion”

1 Like

If he’s as weak willed and stupid as his attorney says he is; he probably isn’t capable of living independently anyway.

7 Likes