Watch: Capitol rioter's lawyer gives a statement about his cop-attacking client's 41-month sentence

This is exactly part of the problem; none of these people are being charged with insurrection or sedition (legally, treason can only be charged against people working for foreign enemies of the state or during war), they’re getting charged with lesser crimes like illegal trespassing, disorderly conduct, unlawful picketing on Capitol grounds, and the like; as well as somewhat more grievous things like assault or obstructing law enforcement. Don’t know the reasoning for this, but it feels politically and/or optically motivated, but who knows.

FYI:
Insurrection is the actual act of attempting or engaging in rebellion, violence against, or overthrow of the government and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years.
Sedition includes conspiring/planning, incitement, or levying for war or overthrow of the government and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years.
(Treason has a minimum of 5 years and $10000 fine, and goes up from there all the way to execution.)

List of everyone charged (so far) in the Jan 6th insurrection and their charges:

5 Likes

PARTY OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

8 Likes

Oh, but they were, you now, not white!! So you can’t really hold these fine, upstanding white boys (and girls) to that kind of standard. Prison might damage them, after all. (/s)

3 Likes

50 caliber round?

I guess he had to up his game, eating Tide Pods didn’t quite damage him enough…

2 Likes

Standard paintballs are .68 caliber. Shot gun slugs are .72 caliber, so very similar in size. And with the fins molded into it, it looks and acts similar to a shotgun slug as it spins and stabilizes.

I know the person who developed the paintball side of the FN 303, both the internal regulator etc, and the specialized round. It is probably the only reason I know about this obscure thing.

See above.

2 Likes

Has to put everything in his mouth just like a two year old. Shame it didn’t go off. (No, I have no compassion for fools of this level of danger to the country and the Constitution).

These are stupid stupid people and deserve what they are getting.

I wonder how many thought their lord and master was going to reach down and pardon them all or magically overthrow the courts on their behalf.

For a “law and order” party, this sure looks more like drunken anarchy or the first stages of a fascist take over.

2 Likes

It sounds like the lawyer wrote it himself; it’s horribad. This guy lives with his mom, surrounds himself with thugs, the worst defendants, and people he pays, to make him feel better about himself, and is doing feats of strength in his outsized quest to stalk a woman who’s happily living her own damn life.

Like a train wreck, I clicked through curious if they’d show a blurry photo of his quarry trying in terror to avoid being photographed, but I can’t bring myself to watch the trailer for it. It gives me the willies.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.