Captain John J. Sheridan's thoughts on the election: "We have come home!"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/07/captain-john-j-sheridans-thoughts-on-the-election-we-have-come-home.html

12 Likes

Video link for the BBS:

14 Likes

Goodbye Mr. Trump…

28 Likes

Hell yeah! And to quote from a different SF show, So Say We All!

Also, talking about fascists losing, this clip comes to mind:

4 Likes

What would you like?

I’d like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. [gives a mockingly cheerful finger waggle] Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Trump?

14 Likes

Best callback in all of SF TV

8 Likes

How perfect that I would see this while watching through B5 for the God-only-knows’th time.

6 Likes

Also Sheridan:. “GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR GALAXY!”

9 Likes

So you are saying that we don’t have a lot of time before the planetary defence grid does a 180 and fires down on Earth for the ex President’s Scorched Earth plan?

4 Likes
8 Likes

There were efforts to build a planetary defense grid, but the contractors took the money and ran, private donors were grifted and the designs were laughably easy to circumvent. They only built enough to cover Tierra Del Fuego.

3 Likes

I love the delicious irony that of all the people Morden asked “what do you want?” to, Vir is the only one who actually got it.

11 Likes

I have thought about rewatching it several times recently but did not think I could handle it while trump was still in office. Maybe in January.

6 Likes

We started (re)watching the whole series with our kid pretty much right after the election in 2016. The parallels to current events were chilling and I think it really helped our son, who was only about 10, process what was going on.

6 Likes

Well londo and g’kar both got what they asked for, it just turned out to not be what they wanted.

8 Likes

Don’t even think about re-watching The West Wing then. You’ll be weeping for all 7 seasons.

1 Like

Just Tierra Del Fuego?

Well, better get me some ramming speed to protect this treasure to mankind.

2 Likes

Bravo, Ken.

I must have watched that scene at least a dozen times, but I just noticed something for the first time. Morgan Clark isn’t presented as a tragic figure, just a sad bitter miserably sore loser in the Shadows like any terrorist should be presented.

6 Likes

I rewatched it over the summer, and it really did hit uncomfortably close to reality.

Watch it again, get more people to watch it… that show is criminally unknown these days.

Babylon 5, Farscape, Lexx… all brilliant in their own ways and all seem to be somewhat glossed over by people when they talk about sci-fi TV shows.

4 Likes

Yeah, it is one of the best sci-fi shows ever. I was extolling it to my wife the other day and she commented that I’ve re-watched it probably every two years. That doesn’t even take into consideration all the B5 marathons back before I knew her!

2 Likes