Car explosion at US-Canada border: two dead in suspected terror attack

Holy crap.

So the Bentley accelerator can stick, causing sudden acceleration. And of course, in a Bentley, that means 0-100 kph in “What the…?”.

This is one of a string of serious recalls over the past couple of years.

6 Likes

Aaaaah, VAG. You wouldn’t have gotten that kind of nonsense in the old days :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Hmmm… Looks like we’re zeroing in on an explanation.

4 Likes

I have absolutely zero recollection of that movie existing. I think I shifted to an alternate universe recently. Huh.

3 Likes

So it was the real life version of the Kiss song “Detroit Rock City”, except with Toronto.

2 Likes

Ah this might possibly also explain the dustcloud the car was kicking up before it hit the concrete, maybe was road debris but maybe was ALSO trying to slam on the brakes, smoking the brakes. Correction, you can’t really tell if there was smoke, I believe the car was kicking up a lot of water as it had rained previously.

PLEASE learn how to slam your car into neutral for precisely moments like this, just push the gearshift lever forward without any buttons is usually how it’s done. Maybe some newfangled cars are different IDK.

4 Likes

How does turning off the ignition work on those keyfob cars without a physical key and lock switch?

3 Likes
3 Likes

The Jordan decision sets tight limits on the interval between charges and the end of court proceedings. As a result, quite a bit of time goes by before charges are laid in complex cases in order to minimize Jordan issues. Justice can be slow in Canada.

3 Likes

I have no idea how those proximity keys would work when trying to shut off the engine. But it’s not a very intuitive thing to do either way, and it gives you less control, steering, power brakes everything shuts down if you succeed.

1 Like

Not sure, but I doubt it’s to the industrial standard where there absolutely must be a pushbutton that can’t be bypassed in software or firmware. Wires and relays only.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.