Car looks like orange meteor as gentleman speeds and crashes into 17 cars

Originally published at: Car looks like orange meteor as gentleman speeds and crashes into 17 cars | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Who crashes into 17 cars, and then puts on his four-way flashers? (Or is that a new automatic feature?)

21 Likes

I was just going to say, “At least they used their hazards!”

20 Likes

Blaze of glory, all the way to the hoosegow.

8 Likes

When I see that trail of sparks, it indicates to me that the tires are gone and the car is destroying its wheels.

21 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1460257234743611401

10 Likes

holy moly. now i’m gonna need an andy rooney “rest of the story” style follow-up.

6 Likes

“May” have been drunk? :rofl:

11 Likes

This new GTA game is looking very realistic, is that raytraced lighting?

15 Likes

Either that, or they’re dragging some metal debris from an earlier crash…

4 Likes

Like the coppers shoot at fleeing people in the US right? Why not a missile up his arse?

1 Like

Yo, just going out for some cigarettes.

1 Like

Gee, you think?

4 Likes

Not the first time something like this has happened…

20 Likes

Agree. “The driver was drunk” doesn’t even begin to cover it. Drinking doesn’t cause sparks as far as I know.

3 Likes

I really want to watch more videos with this narrator.

11 Likes

He was sent to the hospital for minor injuries.

They’ve only sent him there to receive minor injuries; he’d best hope he isn’t treated by someone out of network.

I can be awkward when they finally come back.

2 Likes

Yes. The hazard lights come on when the airbags deploy. And if your mobile phone is paired with the system, or if the car has a data plan, it will also call 911.

(Source: a coworker who today mentioned his ex-wife got T-boned in the driver’s side door in an accident this weekend. She’s OK, as the side curtain airbags protected her; when the passenger side of the car hit the curb the passenger side airbags deployed as well. The car turned on the 4-way flashers and dialed 911. He said Mazda earned their five star crash rating.)

21 Likes

So now we know that hitting 16 cars is the max, before that happens.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’d think, and it does seem likely, but people also have heart attacks, strokes and other sudden physical episodes while at the wheel that can cause this kind of um, driving.

9 Likes