Car repossession goes awry

So much safer and more dignified than a remote lock-out for delinquent borrowers.

4 Likes

Would have gotten away with it, too, if not for those meddling kids!

3 Likes

Do you think the tires blew out from the car being in park, or being placed back in drive, attempting to accelerate away, or just braking?

You’d be surprised - The decision to repo a car is not made at a high level. Folks barely above clerk duty make the call, and the intent is not very focused on defraying the loss on the car loan. It is much like turning a bad debt over to a collection agency, it is a write-off as far as the bank is concerned.

1 Like

It was the owner of the car. You can see there’s no one in the car if you look closely. This was apparently a repo gone wrong - tow truck driver hooked up then got accosted by the owner and tried to get away. Dude got on the truck with a crowbar and smashed out the back window.

Source: http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/20170822/wild-video-shows-compton-to-long-beach-car-repossession-gone-bad (via reddit.com/r/roadcam, always good if you like crazy car videos)

3 Likes

Love how “no arrests were made” despite incredibly dangerous driving and a guy jumping on a van and smashing windows. Just another day in Compton, I guess.

1 Like

Dangerous.

No idea what it’s like there, but around here the tow-truck companies are almost 100% owned and run by organised crime gangs.

3 Likes

I… uh… the hell I just watch?

1 Like

You joke but outside of Providence RI I saw a t-bone happen right in front of me. The driver of the smaller car, doing the running of a stop sign at speed, got out and ran away. When the driver of the truck she hit and I looked in her car (I was stuck there from the traffic, but unscathed) we saw two things.

Cayman in the backseat, crack pipe in the front.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.