Cardinal says Pope "has a bigger agenda" than addressing Catholic Church's sex abuse crisis

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/cardinal-says-pope-has-a-big.html

5 Likes

worf-facepalm

Just… They need to do something and stop waving this away.

16 Likes

After his next confession the Cardinal will be assigned a penance of at least a decade.

4 Likes

Holy shit. How tone deaf these people are is astounding…

11 Likes

tumblr_p9tycbtAGT1qbqtleo1_400

13 Likes

A rabbit hole is a good analogy. I’ve owned rabbits. They’ll hump anything.

5 Likes

The Catholic Church responding to allegations of sexual abuse by priests:

Pope%20trips%20and%20falls%20during%20Mass%20in%20Poland

6 Likes

I guess you could say the Cardinal was blasé about the whole subject…

2 Likes

Is it suggesting, and then denying saying it, that children with ‘homosexual tendencies’ should get psychiatric help?
No?
Fucking Pope.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s… yeah.

2 Likes

22 Likes

This whole business has been fascinating to watch: Ratzi’s people having the gall to accuse Francis of inaction after years of doing nothing themselves, Francis stymied into silence over the letter by his own very real missteps, and now this arsehole creating more excuses for inaction. What a rotten institution.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Blaise is the guy accused by the nuncio of ignoring sexual abuse!

4 Likes

These guys don’t really believe in hell. It’s obvious.

10 Likes
4 Likes

There are no “other things” right now. I was raised Catholic and drift between respectful agnosticism to mildly practicing, but good god, I’ll go become a respectfully agnostic to mildly practicing Greek Orthodox or something if I have to listen to this dissembling bullshit any more. I’m so very done.

6 Likes

There is no agenda bigger for the church than keeping the legitimacy of the Church as Parents of the flock.

Until the church can show their flock that they are good, noble and moral parents they have no legitimacy.

Why should I believe the Pope when he says that parents should put their gay kids in de-gaying “therapies” when he can’t control rampant sexual abuse among his shepherds of the most vulnerable lambs of the flock ?

the Catholic Church needs a revolution.

4 Likes
2 Likes

most of the world owes her an abject apology.

12 Likes