Cards Against Humanity purchases border territory to stop Trump's wall, gets legal advice and builds trebuchet, to make it stick

Ok, they say they have bought a few acres - let’s say it’s 3 - 3 acres, if a square, is about 360 feet on a side. Do you really think that this well-known gap in the wall will obviate the utility of the wall, or that the government and Trumpites will care? They can simply park a few drones overhead and have border patrol stations nearby. No migrant in their right mind would slip through an obvious/well-known gap that small that could so easily be monitored remotely. If the wall is built, migrants will find other ways around or through it. The government may sue for eminent domain but that will also not stop them from building the rest of the wall, and if all that remains is this gap, it will be purely symbolic in nature, and make little difference in the deterrent of the wall itself. As I said, it’s a nice political statement, but it’s ultimately a gimmick.

I think 300 gold is like 13 bitcoin…

The headline is ambiguous. It seems to imply that they built the trebuchet at their counsel’s suggestion.

I think the idea of fighting eminent domain is a pipedream. If the government wants the land it’s going to take it.

I doubt it would even work this way. They would asset domain over the land, not over the owners of the land. A thousand owners would just mean printing a thousand copies of the letter that says, “The government has taken your land, tough luck.”

I am also not a lawyer, but basically your recourse against a government that is doing something you don’t like is entirely dependent on the government’s willingness to go along with whatever recourse you claim to have. Even if you won in court, would Trump trigger a constitutional crisis to build a wall? Why not. He’s Trump.

2 Likes

Trump’s got some new lawyers on this, too.

Who am I kidding? Same as the old ones.
RIP Tom Magliozzi

3 Likes

I’ve played Apples to Apples, it’s not really the same game, at least how I’ve played it. I’m not a prude, I’m just tired of every CAH game turning out the same way, although I’m sure it partially depends on the crew you’re playing with. sigh

1 Like

I’d say you’re likely to enjoy alternate games altogether. Ones like Red Flags, Werewolf, Codenames, Superfight, etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.