Carl's Jr. to test a CBD-infused burger

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/18/carls-jr-to-test-a-cbd-infu.html

2 Likes

But does it cause munchies?

4 Likes

Holy junk food, Batman!

1 Like

I am gonna get SO fat.

7 Likes

Here’s the thing that seems to be getting passed over, pot beer.

3 Likes

CBD is approved by the FDA for treating certain forms of epilepsy. As medicine cannot be marketed/sold as a food product (also per FDA), I’m wondering how they’re able to pull this off.

5 Likes

suuure, it’s not a publicity stunt – that’s why they are doing their marketing test of this on 4/20.

5 Likes

Welcome to Carl’s Jr. I love you.

2 Likes

Jesus. It looks like it will explode your heart, but I guess you’ll be calm at the time.

ROGER THAT!

5 Likes

CBD sold under the trade name Epidiolex is considered medicine by the FDA. CBD not sold as medicine does not apply under FDA ruling, since it’s considered a non-psychoactive supplement.

3 Likes

That burger is hovering around 3000 calories with 3 grams of sodium, gut bomb and a half.

4 Likes

Certainly, you have healthier edibles that you’re consuming right now.

6 Likes

At our home, we prefer the CBD / THC edibles sans any sugar. And yes, I’m enjoying a mixture of both right now.

9 Likes

Cannabis is legal in Colorado, but it still requires a license to sell it. Has Carl’s Jr. gotten that license? The article doesn’t mention it. This sounds like a dumb idea.

1 Like

who cares screw laws do burgercrimes

1 Like

Happy to repor that you are wrong. It’s a thing. Saw it in the store the other day.

Whoa. Saturated fat, dude.

CBD sounds way too close to CBT for my comfort! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You have to follow their private Instagram they’ll dm you the password and a specific Carl’s Jr to use it at

Thats because something stronger, Green Dragon, already exists. Look it up, its real