Cary Grant pilots the Millennium Falcon in Darth by Darthwest 2

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/24/cary-grant-pilots-the-millennium-falcon-in-darth-by-darthwest-2.html

11 Likes

moss-insanely-brilliant

14 Likes

Utterly bonkers and amazing!

10 Likes

This gives me an idea for another Star Wars/Hitchcock mashup.

16 Likes

The Bernard Herrmann score works surprisingly well with the Star Wars imagery. You can see the musical lineage to John Williams.

Saul Bass also mixes nicely with Star Wars.

8 Likes

Hitchcock and Star Wars also share a disdain for guard rails on elevated platforms.

10 Likes

I’d like to see a mashup of Cary Grant making the Kessel Run while drunk…

Or maybe with Grace Kelly actually making the Kessel Run herself…

13 Likes

Now i want to go rewatch North by Northwest.

5 Likes

I don’t know why but this gave me the feel of the old Sierra computer games from the 80’s. Walking around with no dialog, strange things happening, some odd goal that you’re not really sure of. Like King’s Quest but with droids.

3 Likes

OK, I spotted a few shots from E.T., which was acknowledged in the credits. But clearly there was something lifted from Star Trek as well, since one TIE fighter smashes into a wrecked saucer section from some incarnation of Enterprise. Other bits of floating wreckage look vaguely Star Trek as well, but I can’t quite place them.

It was brilliant using the drunk driving shots of piloting the Falcon during the chase.

4 Likes

OptimalSlushyHairstreak-max-1mb

4 Likes

Watched it on Christmas Day (and Some Like It Hot).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.