Cat brings home 'present'

With the cat indoors the birds are safer from the cat and the cat is safer from freaks like Myrtle Maly.

1 Like

Argument from ignorance by a self-described “cat rescuer” (which probably means someone who traps homeless cats, takes them to be neutered, then dumps them back on the streets).

When I mentioned that coyotes were the likely cause of all the LOST CAT posters in the neighborhood, a relative wondered if I could send a breeding pair her way. She wanted to release them in a bird sanctuary to take care of the feral cat population.

(If the coyotes became a problem they could always deploy gorillas who would freeze in the cold before they became a problem.)

5 Likes

But… but… wouldn’t there be a risk of gorillas adapting and breeding a strain of freeze-proof gorillas? Then there could be a gorilla war…

Some maker out there designed a cat door that recognizes whether their cat was carrying presents when it came in, and doesn’t open if it is. (Probably was on Hackaday?)

My cats have all been inside cats after we lost one who was trying to hunt cars. One of my current cats lived outside for a while before we got him, and he does have a great time hunting catnip mice, and brings them up and leaves them on the bed for us.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.