Cat rescues dog from coyotes attacking him (video)

Originally published at: Cat rescues dog from coyotes attacking him (video) - Boing Boing

5 Likes

source-3422935357

12 Likes

castss

FWIW-- we’ve seen coyotes a couple times recently in our neighborhood in Boston. Once we had to shout at a couple walking their dog to cross the street because from our porch we saw a coyote go behind the bushes right where they were headed.

11 Likes

Special Agent McGee to the rescue…

(I wonder if that’s too obscure of a reference)

3 Likes

“You hags! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful!”

1 Like

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… MASS HYSTERIA!”

9 Likes

I wonder if coyotes have either direct experience or racial memory of bobcats or similar that makes them a little shy of attacking a house cat.

5 Likes

The Acme Corporation uses cats in its debt collections department. Coyotes often accumulate quite a bill with them, so they are leery.

9 Likes

4 Likes

The Maine coon cat next door appointed himself bodyguard for their old shorthaired cat, which was getting kinda senile. Whenever the old fellow went for a stroll, the coon cat would keep a close eye on the surroundings.

One morning a passing coyote spotted them as it was trotting through my yard, stopped and turned their way. Definitely thinking about it. The coon cat spotted it maybe 25 yards out, and instantly fluffed up to about the size of a lynx, took a few stiff-legged steps toward the coyote, and let out a blood-curdling yowl like I have never heard before or since … and coyo turned tail and ran, fast.

They don’t take nothin’ off no sorry-ass coyotes, not if they can help it

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.