Cat tries a lick of ice cream for the first time

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/21/cat-tries-a-lick-of-ice-cream.html

13 Likes

Aww she looks like our recently gone kitty.

I had a previous cat who would ask for my ice cream. He would lick furiously then stop suddenly and squint with what I assume was ice cream brain.

29 Likes

Cats don’t have the taste buds to taste sweet things. Guess it’s the strawberries!

2 Likes

i think the internet would be less enamored of kitty things like this if more people, you know, owned cats.

4 Likes

As someone who would find bald patches on my chocolate doughnuts, I’ve always found this hard to believe. RIP, Kidde.

13 Likes

Well it is basically solidified milk.

7 Likes

Cats like dairy

11 Likes

16 Likes

Au contraire, Blue Eyes. YT has hundreds (if not thousands) of cat videos and every cat video I’ve ever seen (likely well over 100 at this point) was flooded with appreciative comments by people who already have cats. Cat people love all cats, even someone else’s. They can’t get enough.

17 Likes

You’ve never heard of the whole cats dying from tasting antifreeze thing before? Ya know, 'cause it’s sweet?

3 Likes

hmm, you have a point there. as a cat person, i can’t help watching cat videos either, haha. including this one.

10 Likes

Some cats like things like this, some don’t. I had a cat who wanted some of my yogurt every time I had it, to the point of demanding to lick out the empty container. The current ones, not so much (but open a tin of tuna and be prepared to get run over!)

5 Likes

And fat. Our cat licks the muffin paper when it falls to the ground. Because there’s 6 grams of sunflower oil in one, so there’s also some at the paper. Same reaction as with buttered paper.

6 Likes

Chop licking good.

6 Likes

This is why I’m afraid of a reaction like the one in the video. Mine is always curious about what I’m eating, probably because it’s always different from what she’s having. The day she decides that she wants my ice cream, there’s gonna be a problem. :pouting_cat:

She only weighs five pounds, so I’ve got a fighting chance. OTOH, she has a nasty habit of trying to trip me on the stairs. If she figures out how to open the freezer, that might be her incentive to move beyond attempted murderbeast. :worried:

10 Likes

I identify as a dog person, and even I like watching these. But also, my little cat Agador Spartacus is a ray of sunshine straight into my heart. I have zero chill about her. So you know, I may be somewhat predisposed.

6 Likes

Agador Spartacus?
“It’s like a stew!

we use that line a lot around this house, haha

2 Likes

Great name!

3 Likes

I had a feral cat who tamed herself for vanilla ice cream. She loved it.

4 Likes

My cat will try to climb up my arm to share in a paleta from the Mexican ice cream place.

5 Likes