Cat using a door knocker to be let in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/15/cat-using-a-door-knocker-to-be.html

8 Likes

That’s not too surprising. As a kid, I had a cat who used a doorstop as a doorbell.

This kind. He would reach his paw under the door do give the spring a good “spoink.” We were trained to obey.

17 Likes

Whoever trained that cat to “ding dong ditch” is a genius.

6 Likes

Inside, they cowered in fear…the restraining order did nothing…

24 Likes

sees that the Daily Mail is linked

13 Likes
16 Likes

5 Likes

If you taught 10 cats to do this: 6 would knock and then run off, 3 would wait to go in and 1 would swat the person answering the door in the face.

11 Likes

We had a house with a back door with a window in the top half. Our cats learned to jump up, grab on to the window trim, and pull their heads up to look in to the house to be let in. A combination of the sound and the cat head in the window alerted us to let them in. And yes, the question of who trained whom is relevant.

11 Likes

Our cats claw the aluminum screen on the back storm door to shreds as their “knock”.

5 Likes

… and then immediately ask to be let back out.

16 Likes

My in-laws had a cat that would pounce from their barbecue grill onto the basement bulkhead, which made a resonating deep “BOOM” noise, when it wanted to be let in. I still miss that cat.

7 Likes

I can watch this for hours

4 Likes

\begin{ominous tones}

But the cat came back, the very next day.

\end{ominous tones}

7 Likes

The cat is hoping to borrow a cup of peanut oil

19 Likes

He added, “It would have only made it better if someone came out to let it in.”

And he waited all of 1/2 of a second to see if this might come true.

worst. wildlife photographer. ever.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.