Catch 12-year-old treble singer Malakai M Bayoh's insane high note in this 'O Holy Night' duet with Aled Jones

Originally published at: Catch 12-year-old treble singer Malakai M Bayoh's insane high note in this 'O Holy Night' duet with Aled Jones | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I love how Aled’s Welsh accent comes though on his singing. MM Bayoh’s voice is amazing.

5 Likes

Beautiful voice indeed!

My ear isn’t great, so maybe it’s just me, but is that note really all that high?

In this clip, for instance, this singer seems to hit much higher notes.

1 Like

Watching “The Snowman” again i realised that it is Jones’ welsh accent that makes the flying song so distinctive.

2 Likes

I was wondering about that, too; apparently Treble is used, in the UK, in place of Boy Soprano (so like A.J., I guess)

1 Like

A.J. was lucky that his dad’s rivals never made him sing. (Heh heh)

1 Like

Are there higher soprano notes in some operas? Sure. The Queen of the Night’s aria is notorious, and even beyond that, try some Adès sometime!

This boy is effortlessly and with clear tone hitting 2 notes above what I can sing. Aled Jones is a hero without a cape, using his celebrity to showcase such a gifted young singer.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.