Catharsis

I am Catharsis and I am here to say the things you need to say.

I am here to say the things you need heard, things beyond Fuck Today and that Screaming into the Void cannot heal.

We are here to help each other, you and I.

Let me be the voice you need and the face that shields you.

Speak to your pain, speak truth to power, and release what has troubled you.

Wear this face, speak through me and know you have been heard.

I am Catharsis, the key you need to unlock me is iforgiveme

I am sure this need not be said, but please do not take this face outside of this room.

Thank you, and be well.

20 Likes

I’ll start. What happened here tonight is wrong, and I think the people who did this know it, and that’s why we’re not hearing from them. My friends here help me weather my depression with stories, jokes and sharing their lives with me, just distracting me and making me feel human. Someone in the other thread said the world feels smaller and meaner and I think they were right.

The password to this user is iforgiveme I’m signing off now.

Thank you, friends.

24 Likes

Personally, I am greatly pleased to find this.

I shan’t don this face, I think, in large part because I find it surpassing hard to doff mine own. And if I did, I might forget how to change back.

So I’m relieved that I don’t feel the need to.

Not yet, anyway.

Carry on, next in the queue…

21 Likes

I think I’m leaving. I’m not going to ask for a ban, but I won’t be posting here anymore. If you know me then you will notice when I’m gone.

Goodbye.

23 Likes

Just remember my message, the state exists only to take your money under the guise of an unsustainable pension system.

13 Likes

My work here is ephemeral. It exists for a time, then it fades. So it goes, nothing is permanent.

15 Likes

if one could stop time, or make it up
if two could realize
the best of luck
if i could locate a g^d above
and you only wanted to be loved

then I’d try to hang on to the past
but you know that nothing, oh no, nothing lasts
nothing lasts

It’s time to move on
let the past go
i’ve waited for you here
but you never showed
although i asked you
to let me know
i only felt the cold wind blow
while i tried to hang on to the past
but you know that nothing
oh no nothing lasts

nothing’s in your way
now you can stand right up and run
wouldn’t even change things
if you took back what you’d done
i have tried to hang on to the past
but i couldn’t keep my grasp
cause nothing lasts

10 Likes

Do not leave.

Sometimes I am needed.
Maybe not leave.
I need to be patient.
Take my time.

People need to make up there mind.

To say I’m sorry.
Things go often different than I want.
People act different than expected.
Loneliness is at every corner.

Give them time to open up.

I’ll wait.
Wait a bit longer.
Be patient.
Sit still and let the world turn some rounds.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Never seen it so dark. Where have you gone? Am I walking alone?

14 Likes

I’m already disengaging from this place, which is a pity since it was a home for a number of years. It’s a real shame that a moderator is acting like a philistine and destroying the community that’s built up here. Time for something new.

13 Likes
6 Likes

…drops a wad of notes to the bartender and feeds a roll of coins into the jukebox…

10 Likes
9 Likes

I’ve counted on this place to be a hangout where I could learn new things and meet new people and discuss whatever weirdness is going on today. It’s been fun, frustrating, interesting and engaging. With all the different viewpoints I’ve experienced here over the years, I felt like I grew a little.

I just don’t feel it around here anymore. When all is said and done, I’m reminded that this is the internet. Nothing is permanent.

People are going to do what they do and be who they are, and there’s nothing I can do about that. I only have power over what I do and who I am.

What I want to do now is say thank you for your time. Thank you for your voice and your creativity and your passion. Thank you for sharing the little bits of your life. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for your jokes. Thank you for the cute cat gifs-with-a-hard-g. Thank you for being up late at night/early in the morning. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for reaching out.

Thank you. You know who you are.

Bye.

24 Likes

I am dead to me.

21 Likes

16 Likes
10 Likes

Ten years ago this week I realized my wife loved me, but never really liked me. The decisions we make.

10 Likes

I wasn’t too shaken by the changes, but I gotta say there isn’t anything here anymore, not even on the other side.

6 Likes
4 Likes