Cats caused more than 100 house fires in South Korea since 2019

Originally published at: Cats caused more than 100 house fires in South Korea since 2019 | Boing Boing

6 Likes

7IHo

6 Likes

Everyone in the video turned out fine btw

8 Likes

Happens with gas stoves too and dogs, where the dogs get up and bump the dials for the gas on accidentally (if the dials are at the front of the stove). Either way i’ve always found it strange that a lot of stoves that i’ve seen don’t have features to lock the dials or buttons

8 Likes

It’s just the cats trying to protect their owners from Korean fan death.

7 Likes

Growing up, we had an old gas stove with pilot lights for the burners and oven. One of our cats, a grey Persian named Pewter, liked to sleep on top of the stove, presumably for the warmth. One afternoon while doing some dishes I heard her make what can only be described as a squeal and suddenly run away from her perch, trailing a strong odor of burning hair. As near as I can figure it, she must have gotten her tail into the pilot light. Pook kitty. I don’t think she ever returned to that particular resting spot, but napped on top of the radiators from then on.

5 Likes

And they aren’t sorry.

6 Likes

So maybe don’t piss them off?

9 Likes

where is their fire extinguisher? The fire alarm in the video freaked out my cats

8 Likes

mad scientist laughing GIF

4 Likes

9 Likes

I’ll fix the headline:
“Poorly designed stovetop buttons caused more than 100 house files in South Korea since 2019”

9 Likes

Fire Toast GIF by Garfield

3 Likes

What’s not being considered though is that the cats may have started the fires on purpose .

Time to start interrogating cats. Ah, a culprit! Book-em, Danno!

1 Like

Came here for this. (IAAUXP)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.