A cat was accidentally donated to a thrift store along with the chair he was hiding in

Originally published at: A cat was accidentally donated to a thrift store along with the chair he was hiding in | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I wonder why they donated it? Seemed like a purr-fectly good chair to me.

22 Likes

We’re just going to skip right past this one? Really?

tequila GIF

30 Likes

IIRC Montequilla means butter in Spanish. I bought a box of cigars named Montequilla once. They were good.

12 Likes

There was a random cat nestled up over the gas tank in a Volvo 240 that I dropped off at a repair shop for one time - it became the shop mouser and we would chat about it for years.

15 Likes

I’m a lifelong fan of red, orange, and beige kitties - they’re always so weird, even for cats! - and adore this happy ending.

20 Likes

The owners were overjoyed, but what about the cat - maybe he was spinning the roulette wheel in the hope of a better life?

6 Likes

He’s my kitty now. I love him,

14 Likes

After the rescue, the family is now anxiously awaiting Montequilla’s revenge. :pouting_cat: :grimacing:

Black Cat GIF

37 Likes

It’s man-tequilla in Spanish. I’m not really sure what mon-tequilla is, though monte means mountain.

11 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

9 Likes

I helped a friend with a kitty move, and the cat, scared by the commotion, vanished. We were all worried she’d somehow gotten out and run away, only to discover her at the last minute inside the truck, deep inside the base of a couch (apparently she’d been in there while we were moving it), where she was perfectly safe, to everyone’s relief. But if she hadn’t had the good sense to meow, her owners might have discovered where she was after the move, in the worst possible way.

10 Likes

A mountain of tequila!?!

I like this cat’s style.

14 Likes

One of our cats completely disappeared for three days when we finished moving in here. We knew he was in the house, but we could find neither hide nor hair. He finally just casually walked out of the pile of furniture near the entry hall, came up to us and meowed hello. We showed him where the food, water, and litterbox were, and he was absolutely fine.

[They loved moving into this big old house from our small old house! They spent the first couple weeks chasing each other up one flight of stairs, down the hall, back down the other stairs, down the hall, et catera. :smiley: ]

14 Likes

you got your answer here

6 Likes

That sounds like it would have been pretty traumatic.

7 Likes

Yes, if the other stuff is still hanging around.

4 Likes

I do kind of miss my 144. I don’t miss bleeding the brakes regularly and carburetor issues, though.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, Mantequilla is the name of the cigar. I haven’t really done that hobby in 15+ years so brain is fuzzy.

2 Likes

Well, please don’t take up drinking mountains of tequila.

7 Likes