Utah kitty plays in a box, then accidentally gets shipped off as return package to Amazon in California (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/26/utah-kitty-plays-in-a-box-then-accidentally-gets-shipped-off-as-return-package-to-amazon-in-california-video.html

10 Likes

Poor kitteh! Given how badly most packages are abused in transit, it’s nearly a miracle she survived. I hope she makes a full recovery from this ordeal. :crying_cat_face:

19 Likes

…and she’s such a beauty, too!

12 Likes

I think the TV station need to work on their captions:

Call me suspicious, but I suspect that she isn’t the cat that was found in the box.

Also:

And nobody has gone for the “puss and boots” headline?! Come on, you’re never going to get a more obvious chance for that.

25 Likes

17 Likes

“Accidentally”.
Yeah, right…

3f3074333f2eb0cd982a79f1465ed323

20 Likes

national-lampoon-christmas-vacation

7 Likes

It somehow seems redundant to add an RF microchip when it, presumably, has several Galena cat whiskers.

3 Likes

They shipped her back to Amazon, along with five pairs of work boots?

How did someone miss the chance to use the headline “Puss in boots” for this one?

5 Likes

tumblr_b2fb8e7b9b077b6ecb0386d7823bdfa3_91b4b60f_250

2 Likes

That is a good point. That someone had already made in this very thread.

6 Likes

d99c9fb2-6858-46c2-889b-71b057ce6c27_text

5 Likes

I think you owe @Purplecat a coke.
Purple cat was in boots before you! :wink:

5 Likes

If great minds think alike, then I am forced to acknowledge that @Purplecat is a towering intellectual giant of our times. Diet, or regular?

7 Likes

Flattery will get you everywhere. Though, hopefully not in a box.

6 Likes

Came looking for Nermal saying just that…

Garfield And Friends What GIF by Boomerang Official

10 Likes

So, an Amazon employee opened a box WITH A RETURN ADDRESS ON IT and found a cat. And then sent it off in hopes a microchip would reveal its owner. And I presume, they then processed the boots for return to AN IDENTIFIED AMAZON ACCOUNT.

Great work, Sherlock!

3 Likes

I’d be inclined to give the employee more credit than that:

Amazon’s statement on mistaken returns does not suggest much interest in dealing with reverse logistics anomalies and(while if it’s publicly available I can’t find it) I can’t imagine that the procedures for logistics employees smile on using company time and customer information to do compassionate things when there are metrics to be met. Depending on exactly how many steps are involved in receiving, unpacking, and processing the contents of a box the person who found the cat may also not have had their hands on the box with the origin address or the account details associated with the order.

Reading out the microchip certainly wasn’t necessary from the perspective of someone with all the information and an interest in using it; but it was a locally sensible option(especially if the cat was in a state where it needed a veterinary look-over anyway).

5 Likes

Wonder if that’s completely cured this cat of box-jump-in-itis?

1 Like

Well, cats and boxes. What can I say?

2 Likes