TSA apprehends cat attempting to smuggle itself to Florida

Originally published at: TSA apprehends cat attempting to smuggle itself to Florida | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Pretty sure Matthew Broderick voiced this cat on Rick and Morty.

7 Likes

Good thing that cat wasn’t called Nermal… :smirk_cat:

8 Likes

Poor kitty! “Unharmed” != “Traumatized”. They probably just thought they’d found a comfy box.

21 Likes

Smells the ginger kitteh had heard wild tales of a giant mouse that lived near Orlando and stowed away to find the truth.

or maybe just wanted to come visit you!

23 Likes

They were traveling with the two most important things in life; a cat and booze. I feel seen.

17 Likes

“Your cat smells?”
“Yes, my cat, Smells.”

17 Likes

Your cat, Smells, did not want to go on holiday.

Jamaica?

5 Likes

No, she did not want to go, so I got a friend to cat-sit for her. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Edited for comprehension.

3 Likes

What are you feeding it?

6 Likes

I suppose that I shouldn’t be surprised that the CAT scan blew its cover. In all seriousness, though, does anyone know what sort of imaging, and visualization, is at work here? There seems to be some stuff that is being graded on radiopacity, but clearly the cat and one water bottle are being flagged on other ground for false color highlighting.

7 Likes

I was wondering the same thing since, as you said, that one bottle also was flagged. I bet they consider that secret info, though, so bad actors aren’t clear on the whole thing.

The big ol’ mouse down here is an angle I hadn’t considered and should have. :laughing:

As for visiting me, though, I’m pretty sure that would NOT amuse my two furballs…

6 Likes

Terahertz or backscatter X-ray scanner, maybe.

3 Likes

Back in the 80s, my brother claims to have taken his pet ferret in his carry-on bag on a plane.

He said he put it into the bag, and it promptly curled up and went to sleep. He said the person on the xray machine never noticed it.

4 Likes

A friend had this happen with his tortoise. Fortunately, his wife hadn’t gotten too far away from the airport and was able to fetch him back.

4 Likes

I haven’t accidentally (or purposefully) taken one of my cats along when going away for the weekend, but I absolutely have had to keep removing a cat from my suitcase while packing. The “decoy” suitcase works somewhat, but then one of the others joins in the caper and soon I have four suitcases out on the bed.

18 Likes

In the other 50% of many worlds, the cat was observed to be dead.

5 Likes

I see the TSA is still using puns in its reporting of this sort of thing as a method of appearing funny and personable. Again, I wish they would stop. At best it’s meeting neither of those goals and at worst when actual dangerous item are reported it downplays the potentialy serious nature of the situation.

4 Likes

AFAICT, TSA is both shitty and useless, but I can’t really blame them for writing a funny little post about catching a stowaway cat.

4 Likes

The last time they came up as a post here was about someone attempting to sneak a handgun inside a raw chicken, the TSA’s post was equally as full of bad puns. An accidental cat is funny yes, a deliberate attempt to bring a firearm onto a plane… not so much.

2 Likes