New cat is supposed to chase a mouse away, but instead he finds a tiny best friend (video)

Originally published at: New cat is supposed to chase a mouse away, but instead he finds a tiny best friend (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

In fact, the little mouse was the one chasing down the kitty, who hid under a table. But the bold mouse persevered, scampering right up to the cat…

er uhm, not wishing to be a buzzkill but Toxoplasma gondii… purrhaps?

16 Likes

Stop (over)feeding the cat?

5 Likes

Looks like your avatar disagrees with that suggestion! :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

He was a good mouser, but after becoming an indoor cat considered them more entertainment than food. He left the dirty work up to me.

8 Likes

I really hope getting rid of mice wasn’t the only reason they got the cat. I fear what happens when the cat fails to consistently do its “job”. You get a cat because you want a cat, not for pest control. (I’m excepting the traditional reasons why cats were kept; this appears to be a standard household, not a farm or brewery).

If one has a mouse problem, there are other ways to combat the issue without outsourcing it to another animal.

5 Likes

I had a mouser once, but she could never get over it when I tossed the mouse outside. :scream_cat:

4 Likes

10 Likes

… TikTok video embeds are so awesome I love how they work right every time :roll_eyes: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :exploding_head:

14 Likes

Aw, a tiny best friend? For some reason this tune popped into my head while watching them…

:laughing:

7 Likes

Setting aside the cat…that mouse has some serious cajones.

4 Likes

Nah, it’s the other way around:

6 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.