Cattle guard doesn't work

Too late, it is an ovine world

It is the way they roll.

4 Likes

And then some.
I’ve seen cows thundering uphill on steep alpine pastures at speeds that looked simply impossible.

BTW, mama bear has nothing on mama cow when she thinks you’re a threat to her young.

5 Likes
2 Likes

They could use a kelpie or two or three:

2 Likes

Well, you know what they say, “Install barrier, expect evolution”.

Although I believe some other chap came up with “life, uh, finds a way”.

6 Likes

Then you have to get out of the truck, open the fence, get back into the truck, drive through the opening, get out of the car, close the fence, get back into the car, and continue on your way…every time you pass through.

Cattle guards work in all cases except for those involving uber-cows such as this one.

3 Likes

And vache is the french word for cow. It all makes sense.

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot the /s tag.

Where is that? I lived most of my life in cow country surrounded by ranchers, I’ve worked many years as a farm and ranch hand, and I’ve never heard of a cattle guard used like that. Of all the tens of thousands of cattle guards I’ve installed, cleaned out, and driven over, none of them ever held anything but mud.

1 Like

Ohio. Formaldehyde producer is between Columbus and Cinnci.

Fun fact: formaldehyde is used by the CDC and biowar agencies to clean buildings that are suspected of being contaminated with dangerous pathogens. They fumigate the place with a mist. Formaldehyde kills EVERY known life form. That’s why it’s used by undertakers, because it destroys all the microorganisms that cause bodies to rot.

5 Likes

Also:
Beeve: a singular genderless description of all of the above. Also a beef, or head of beef, or head of cattle.
Ox: adult domesticated version of this used as a draft animal (usually castrated)
Oxen: plural of Ox

1 Like

I wouldn’t dream of it except that you specifically excluded indicus, and that seemed weird

Well people do sometime refer to a C-Cell or D-Cell. But a car battery IS a battery because it contains within it several cells in series to add up to 12 volts. In the same way, a “transistor battery” contains 6 x 1.5 volt AAAA cells to add up to 9 volts.

Note that cattle are already the species of land mammal with the largest biomass

4 Likes

Maybe that was an above average cow/bull/creature. I’ve seen more than a few that were just paint and I assume they work.

3 Likes

For some reasons back in the 60’s I always thought it would be a real rush to sit on a cowcatcher with a head full of acid. Thanks to you I can scratch that off my bucket list.

4 Likes

What a burn, man!
They didn’t catch any cows!

2 Likes

HaHaHaHa that’s an excellent point.

If the cow from the OP ever makes her way to the secrete cow level to free her brothers and sisters, we are all doomed.

1 Like

While we’re at it, let’s not forgt the Freemartin.

Intersex isn’t just for humans

https://u.osu.edu/beef/2005/04/06/the-freemartin/

1 Like