CBS host blasts GOP Congressman who tweeted violent #FirePelosi video days before attack

5 Likes

THIS, so much this. Would you post links to Truth Social? If not, you shouldn’t be posting links to Twitter, because they are essentially the same now. We need to immediately stop acting like Twitter is anything other than an alt-right playground. I’ve always hated it, but I had to admit it was relevant. Not anymore, that ended overnight. Stop making excuses and delete your accounts, people, and for fuck’s sake don’t treat it like a respectable source and quote it in articles!

11 Likes

5 Likes

And yet these people are going to win control. America is f**ked.

So… you got those lotto numbers, friend. Since, you know, you can see the future and all…

8 Likes

6 Likes

Don’t need to be a precog so see that the US is going nowhere but down. A large proportion (enough to win under the State’s ridiculous electoral system, even worse than the UK system which is saying everything) of the population would be happy to oppress or even “remove” the rest of the population. The handcart awaits.

That’s not new – in fact it’s just as true of eras we think of as progressive, like the civil rights movement. Those happened because there are also a lot of people who want better for everyone, and those aren’t gone. The fascists definitely had the upper hand with Trump but it was small, and it’s not inevitable that it can’t be overcome, as places like Georgia show.

5 Likes

That might be because Trump is, to many people, a pretty vile individual. A slicker, smarter, more acceptable Trumpalike could, and probably will, win. Depressing.

People keep saying that, but the Republicans had a lot of slicker, smarter, more acceptable candidates in the primaries that were passed up in favor of Trump. It seems plain to me his appeal to his fans is in no small part that he is a pretty vile individual to everyone else – and now you can see most of his party copying that.

I mean, look back at the actual topic here; this is who they are now, running off of pure hatred for the rest of the world. How does that leave room for someone like you’re describing? A slicker, smarter, more acceptable Trump would have no real place leading the GQP.

5 Likes

Please stop with the defeatist nonsense. This is not over!

7 Likes

Yeah, you do. It is a possibility and if we do nothing, then yeah, it WILL happen. But at this point, it has not happened, and we don’t have to let it… and I’m not talking about the end of empire (which, frankly SHOULD end), I’m talking about letting the fascists win, because we’re too lazy to do the hard work, when we’re not the direct targets that they’re focused on now. Just because some portion of the population is racist and bigoted doesn’t mean they have to win.

I’m going down without a fight.

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

For some people, it’s just easier to give up, and feed others to the monsters so they can get away.

8 Likes

With all kinds of rights under open attack by the fascists, now is the time we should be encouraging people who don’t usually vote to come to the polls. Telling them that the outcome is pre-ordained and that we’re all doomed isn’t helpful in achieving that goal, to put it mildly.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, Trans Twitter still happens to be the best way to get information on and organize against the genocidal actions of transphobes. I only created an account a couple of months ago, barely tweet anything myself, have no attachment to the website, but I have to use it until the trans community moves elsewhere.

6 Likes

At the risk of repetition,

Why? Because there is no other option.

6 Likes

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

5 Likes

That is dismaying to hear. I hope your community finds a more hospitable platform soon.

5 Likes

Me too. Since Elon’s takeover, I’ve already joined Mastadon and Tumblr. I’ll keep my Twitter account for now, but will likely try and post screenshots of important tweets here rather than links.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.