CDC: don't eat romaine lettuce

23 Likes

ISWYDT! :wink:

(No it is not sentence and it was NOT MEANT TO BE.)

2 Likes

Lettuce soup. Highly recommended.

The USA? With an environmental water problem? A regulatory gap? Farmers lobbying for lower regulations, mayhap? Surely not!

Having said that, no canal I have ever seen had water that I would trust to bathe in, let alone drink or spray over edible plants.

3 Likes

The apt comparisons between the national emergency around Romain Lettuce vs Guns is compelling.

4 Likes

OK, you guys have schooled me on this subject.

Lettuce now praise cooked lettuce.

2 Likes

Lettuce Soup would definitely be less disgusting than Trump Brand Word Salad.

So, maybe serve up a kale,

Fuck kale.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to read the news reports of this, and that they were pretty sure the lettuce came from somewhere… in the USA… or Canada. (Presumably they were only able to narrow it down that much because those were the only countries producing it for the US market right now?) That they can’t track it back to an individual farm is beyond absurd.

1 Like

and they won’t issue a recall so as not to unfairly target producers, which means if you happen to have forty boxes of romaine in your cooler you won’t be reimbursed :frowning:

1 Like

They will track it down eventually but when supply is comingled it’s difficult. A salad mix could have lettuce from several farms.

2 Likes

Time to start getting all our lettuce from China.

I almost do the opposite of that - if we ever get enough fresh green peas, I braise them on a bed of shredded lettuce (Romaine best) and a tiny amount of diced onion, and most importantly, without water. The lettuce collapses and provides just enough steam to cook the peas without diluting the flavour.

1 Like

Give it to chickens. They love it and it makes their yolks a really deep colour.

2 Likes

the problem I have with fresh peas is that I always scoff the damn things as soon as they’re out of the pod.

2 Likes

My sister bought some from the local Walmart today (why she was able to do this, eh Wally World?) She decided to keep it, and bleach it.
But then, she is a rabid Trumpie/FoxNews/Limbaugh animal. I heard this second hand, as we don’t really speak anymore.

I get so sick from Romaine
Iceberg and kale, also cause me to ail
So tell me why should it be true
That I love to eat cabbage stew

2 Likes

Just use cos lettuce instead, it’ll be fine. :rofl:

1 Like

Suggestion for Trump:

8BF3F2D1-ACEC-48EE-BF4D-CD52852C2693

2 Likes
2 Likes

Of course he did… Christ what an asshole.

1 Like