CDC planned to drop off coronavirus cruise passengers at a shopping mall Cheesecake Factory, when they got out of quarantine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/03/cdc-was-going-to-drop-off-coro.html

5 Likes

Out of the frying pan, into the Cheesecake Factory.

21 Likes

These come to mind for some reason. Don’t ask me why.

10 Likes

Why would they want to punish them like that? Order some takeout from somewhere better.

13 Likes

You know it’s just going to be P.F. Changs in that case.

8 Likes

I mean it is the Trump admin – the cruelty being the point seems to apply.

11 Likes

I’m a little drunk so bare with me. Follow the link below to learn about “Purrito”

14 Likes

7 Likes

Downhill

7 Likes

source
(Yet another comic book I should dig out and re-read…)

2 Likes

I can’t bare right now, I’m at work.

20 Likes

Oh, c’mon. As long as we all do this together, what’re they gonna do?

7 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only person that looked at that decor and saw that.

7 Likes

“According to this, you’re positive…you keep that attitude up and have a wonderful day!”

4 Likes

Texas has some of the biggest megachurches in the US. Surely Mike Pence would agree that one of them would be more appropriate than a Cheesecake Factory.

10 Likes

Set a bear on us?

1 Like

I remember the days when the CDC was a competent and well respected agency.

8 Likes

Maybe the CDC thought it was their natural habitat?

3 Likes

Currently the CDC requires visible COVID-19 symptoms to be considered as a potential carrier of the SARS-COV-2 virus. If anyone doesn’t show “Fever (>100.4) or signs/symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g. cough or shortness of breath)” within 14 days of exposure then they are presumed safe and sent on their way.

As many patients have minimal symptoms, if we learn that not everyone with SARS-COV-2 (the virus) actually gets COVID-19 (the disease), then every day that this criterion is used, rather than holding people until a working virus test is administered, we are potentially making things much worse. We desperately need working test kits widely available and to not send anyone with possible exposure to airports and malls until a test for the virus has been administered.

13 Likes

That would be the Old Country Buffet.

/s sort of.

2 Likes