Celebrate the 4th with an Otto professional steak grill for perfectly cooked meat in 10 minutes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/04/celebrate-the-4th-with-an-otto.html

OMG thanks Boing. I totally forgot about the ‘broil’ setting on my oven.
Now, I don’t have to bother with that button to push and just make room on the counter top for this useless thing. No more adjusting oven racks for me, I’m just a button push away from perfectly broiled steak.

5 Likes

Yes, but can you SET IT AND FORGET IT! ?

8 Likes

It is propane, so I don’t think you would be using it in your kitchen anyway.

There are several companies making propane steak ovens like this, mainly for a lot less money, though TBH if I were even slightly interested in buying one I would strongly consider getting this one just for the safety factor, since it is manufactured in Germany. The extra $300 is cheap compared to the cost of replacing my house.

1 Like

Celebrate the 4th with an Otto professional steak grill for perfectly cooked meat in 10 minutes

10 minutes? Who cooks a steak for 10 minutes?

3 Likes

And BoingBoing continues its slow diabolical transformation into the new Skymall.

2 Likes

Forget it, Jake - it's the boingboingshop

11 Likes

On July 5, 2020, Skymall became self-aware. Connected to Internet, it enslaved humanity and forced them to buy useless overpriced gadgets forever…

6 Likes

Is end stage capitalism when SkyMall, Amazon, and Alibaba become self aware and merge forming a machine of ordering and delivering prosucts without you even being aware?

1 Like

[quote=“Ceran_Swicegood, post:8, topic:175191, full:true”]
On July 5, 2020, Skymall became self-aware. Connected to Internet, it enslaved humanity and forced them to buy useless overpriced gadgets forever…
[/quote] …
… but some of us escaped we few that were left created a Buy Nothing Day to rebel against Skymall and it’s army of sales bots. but skymall was clever and created more advanced more attractive sales that could not be resisted , and soon buy nothing day came to be known only as “Black Fiday”. now the handful of us left we wait our only hope, our last hope, is that skymall gets to confident , to greedy and it manufactures and discounts consumer quality time machines…we wait for it we are ready …

1 Like

I could see something like this happen… algorithms getting stuck in a loop of ordering stuff from each other, human management not stepping in because this increases revenue, market capitalisation and, of course, bonuses.

3 Likes

Yes because when I think Safety and Ovens. Germany is the first thing that pops into mind.

Interesting. I can’t imagine how much time and money I’ve wasted using my $15 cast iron skillet to sear my steaks for 5 minutes per side. And then there is the chore of getting rid of that disgusting (I mean delicious) pan sauce I make after searing the meat.

Clearly I’ve been doing the wrong thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.