The SteakMaster Gas Grill turns out steakhouse-quality meals at home in just 2 minutes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/16/the-steakmaster-gas-grill-turns-out-steakhouse-quality-meals-at-home-in-just-2-minutes.html

Yet again the ‘marketing’ (I use the term loosely in relation to the fuckwits responsible) people produce a video that entirely misses the point. Shows us how to assemble it, switch it on and heat it up, but omit to actually show us the purpose of this crapgadget - to COOK AN EFFING STEAK!!

It’s only missing a message in the end credits: No steaks were harmed in the making of this video.

7 Likes

While a regular BBQ grills meat at temperatures around 750°F, the ceramic burner inside the SteakMaster fires up like the heart of the sun, radiating up to 1,500°F of intense heat.

So I need to buy non-metric steaks for this to work?

8 Likes

So, it’s … a … broiler? Novel!

4 Likes

(I should probably have posted this on the food thread.)

4 Likes

But can it make corn balls as well as the corn baller?

1 Like

Given that the core of the sun is 27 million degrees I’d think it would be considerably faster than that. :thinking:

Plus, you’d think being fusion powered would get more mention in the ad copy since that’s a pretty impressive feature.

8 Likes

…You know, I don’t really have a problem, waiting 3-6 or so minutes a side, using any bog-standard charcoal or gas grill.

1 Like

I want to see this thing make a decent creamed spinach.

3 Likes

If they equip with a refractary stone could be used to make, pizza.

1 Like

I think I’ll just skip the preliminaries and eat a charcoal briquette.

1 Like

If it’s not cooked over wood, it’s not a good steak. What I cook is far, far better than what you will get at any “steakhouse”.

So… a low-end salamander. That gives a basis for comparison, anyway

1 Like

Yes, temperatures in Kelvin only, please.

1 Like

As one who usually skips red meat, I wonder how long it takes to incinerate salmon steaks? Chicken breasts? Tofu burgers?

1 Like

Zk9mW5OmXTz9e
Gotta try this, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.