CEO of ailing Peleton throws an exclusive party while reminding employees of their value

Originally published at: CEO of ailing Peleton throws an exclusive party while reminding employees of their value | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

25 Likes

I bet he expensed the party

13 Likes

In my mindcanon the lower-level employees all had to spend the night pedaling to generate the power for the party like that one episode of Black Mirror.

22 Likes

23 Likes

i was told my stationary bike is not cool

it is also not $$$$

17 Likes

Wait, sorry, is the New York Post a reputable news agency now?

5 Likes

Still peddling my $200 Wally World special going on 7 years. The fly wheel is 45 lbs and the cement seat requires a thick bike pad.

7 Likes

It isn’t, but where else are we supposed to get our sensational headline fix from?

1 Like

Still don’t get why someone would pay £000s for an exercise bike that then requires a £00s subscription to work.

This feels like vindication.

3 Likes

Wait, are there people who enjoy company parties? Does not compute.

9 Likes

I do not own a Peloton but know folks who do and like it a lot.

For those for whom going to a gym is either not possible or not practical (i.e. parents , live too far from a gym, afraid of getting COVID), a Peloton offers a comparable “social” experience. It has instructors, a social network, game-like features, and other perks that make working out alone a little less terrible.

4 Likes

It was a lavish private holiday party with only favoured employees invited. I’m sure the employees denied official office Christmas parties feel so much better about making the sacrifice for the greater good of the Foleys and their courtiers.

3 Likes

Does it make more sense if you remember that there are people who like to call company meetings?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Instructors?

2 Likes

I paused that clip and accidentally got this screenshot.

1 Like

See? Same people.
Whereas my attitude is that
a Peloton offers a comparable “social” experience. It has instructors, a social network, game-like features, and other perks that make working out an utterly terrible experience
…and my attendance at a company party would only happen if it were in work hours.

3 Likes

There is something behind her that looks rather like a giant black dildo. Seems apt.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 11.33.16

1 Like

Obbballs

Need sound for this one…