Chaotic GOP removes all metal detectors outside House chamber

Man: I told you! We’re an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We’re taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week–
Arthur: (uninterested) Yes…
Man: But all the decisions of that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting–
Arthur: (perturbed) Yes I see!
Man: By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs–
Arthur: (mad) Be quiet!
Man: But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major–
Arthur: (very angry) BE QUIET! I order you to be quiet!

13 Likes

I say this all the time; the average child is far better behaved, more civil, more deferential and kinder than the average adult. Just think of the shitty things you see adults do every day and imagine a child doing it.

Like last week when they demanded! that the Biden administration immediately begin surrendering records or else! To which the White House responded, “Come back when you get a note from your mommy.”

14 Likes

But Politico reports that both distinguished gentlemen got zilch,

I see Wonkette has the same custom as BB.

8 Likes

Yeah, when I started reading them it was like coming home.

8 Likes

This feels very much like watching a person sawing through the branch they’re sitting on. You can see the bad stuff coming.

14 Likes

If only there were things we could do with precedent (e.g. adding more seats to the House to make districts smaller/less gerrymanderable and even harder to have monoliths even in two parties) and things that have been proven to not lead to two monolithic parties in the first place (literally any voting that’s not first past the post)…

Nah, better to elect literal Nazis instead of change any status quo, even if the circumstances no longer make sense.

2 Likes

Am I the only one looking forward to MTG or BoeBoe brandishing a gun in chamber and getting tackled to the floor?

10 Likes

Oh goody! Now Lauren Bobert will have her Glock with her at all times like God intended. I bet the House Democrats feel safer already.

6 Likes

That would be a “your finger is the safety” Glock?

6 Likes

Yup. That Glock.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.