Charity roast trainwreck: Donald Trump booed at Catholic dinner

This is how he could have played it off.

“Hillary is soooo corrupt?”
< egg crowd on for “how corrupt is she” >
< hear crickets >
< say it himself >
< watergate line >
< flop >

Ok maybe that joke could never work.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Exactly.

Hi girls!

9 Likes

The Alt-Right are spinning this as Donald Trump spinning this as “well of COURSE the wealthy New York elite hate Trump.” Apparently forgetting that the man was born and raised among them and lives in a Manhattan skyscraper emblazoned with his name in giant gold letters.

22 Likes

I can’t seem to be able to get the video in this tweet to appear:

I don't know why I'm watching this #AlSmithDinner ... but I'm so glad I caught this part. I flat out just died. 😂 pic.twitter.com/pfuiGrSKmN

— Kesha Monk (@Kesha_Monk) October 21, 2016
3 Likes

They probably think that this Pope is subversive and will be replaced by another Ratzy in a couple years.

If they’re old enough, they probably also think Vatican II was only a couple years ago, so there’s still time to change back.

7 Likes

Not even about Trump, but what’s with these ridiculus dress-up thingies? The women’s gloves? Jee-sus.

3 Likes

As Al Franken pointed out on TRMS, Trump never actually laughed. He never laughs at anything. He just does this fake smile-and-nod.

7 Likes

I was so focused on the men dressing like Austro-Hungarian archdukes that I didn’t notice or care about the women’s gloves.

10 Likes

I know, right? Poor Maria Bartiromo had to remove one at times so she could do better things, like text while she’s on camera. The man on her left (camera right) had a better time texting beneath the table.

I wonder how those poor rich bastids managed in earlier dinners, not having devices to text on. How they must have suffered, having to feign attention and interest! Maybe in days before the dinner was telecast they were playing HANGMAN on cocktail napkins or falling asleep from the heat and inebriation…

8 Likes

it’s called “white tie.”

6 Likes

In a hilariously ironic twist it also may have been plagiarized.

34 Likes

More like, At the Alfred E. Newman Memorial Foundation white-tie event. AmIright?

7 Likes

What, me worry?

6 Likes

##1 photo = 1000 words

30 Likes

Well, that is part of his narrative. The boy from Queens who took on Manhattan.

4 Likes

His shirt cuffs aren’t showing. That’s a no-no.

Though, I suppose, that’s consistent with his frankly appalling tailoring every other time I’ve seen him.
Actually, let me fix that statement:

Though, I suppose, that’s consistent with his frankly appalling tailoring every other time I’ve seen him everything.

23 Likes

I’ve come from the future with Donald Trump’s concession speech:

21 Likes

Yep.

Weird how someone so grotesquely “rich” and who is so obsessed with his image seems to have no sense of style or class whatsoever… nor any insight or wisdom to hire someone who does.

Isn’t it telling that I’d much rather listen to an actual baby crying nonstop, than I would anything coming out of the giant orange manbaby’s mouth?

21 Likes

It seems pretty silly for Trump & co. to frame the story as “Trump is a Manhattan outsider, Clinton is an insider” considering that he’s been there most of his life and she never even lived in the state of New York until after her husband left the White House.

But then pretty much nothing else about his narrative has made sense either.

14 Likes