Charlie Kirk wins Meidas Touch's "Weirdo of the Week" for smearing champion gymnast Simone Biles

God, he was awful. His son went to my high school, and apple, tree, etc.

Simone could kick kirk’s sorry ass into the next millenium with both hands behind her.

9 Likes

Ha, sorry.
Solid score though.

2 Likes

Simone Biles Sport GIF by Team USA

17 Likes

I said, God damn!!! What a Goddess.

To quote Dorothy Parker, “With this crown of thorns I wear, why should I let a little prick like you bother me?”

14 Likes

“Negative” is still a value.

3 Likes

Right… she’s amazing… this one’s even better…

Simone Biles Sport GIF by Team USA

She’s the closest thing to a superpowered human that we have!

12 Likes

I met Mort Crim many years ago, did some work on a boat he had restored. Nice guy

I miss him, Carman Harlan, Bill Bonds, Kelly and Turner, Sonny Elliot, Rob Kress, Bob Alison, Dick The Bruiser, Sir Graves Ghastly, Bill Kennedy, The Goul, Oopsy The Clown, Ollie Fretter, Rita Bell (lived around the block from her) and on and on…

Oh my gosh am I old.

3 Likes

She has only one value to them — to win gold (nothing less will do) so they can sit on their couches and yell “USA! WE’RE NUMBER ONE!” and claim credit for her triumph because they live in the same country.

11 Likes

Simone will completely ignore Charlie Kirk and enjoy her substantial multimillion $$ income from brand sponsorships while he scrabbles to pay his bills in a few years.

4 Likes

I once met Carmen Harlan and some of her family; she was very nice. I also sat in on a taping of Kelly and Turner on a school field trip. And Ron Sweed, the Ghoul, was incredibly kind and just as much fun as you’d expect him to be-- he’d done a book signing I was at, and stayed hours late to make sure everyone got a signed book.

Bill Bonds, on the other hand… he showed up at a station event drunk, and did not make a good impression on anyone there. Diana Lewis was incredibly charming, though.

4 Likes

“Charlie Kirk is a conservative talk radio host”
That statement is enough to let you know that Charlie Kirk is an absolute A-hole with zero redeeming qualities.

2 Likes

Calling Charlie Kirk’s minuscule 2020 talk show enough to earn him an introduction primarily as a talk radio host is pretty ridiculous and is just the Streisand Effect the guy that wore diapers in public to own the libs wants. TPUSA is functionally a money laundering operation which is the reason this guy has a day job at all, the group takes money from politicians and colleges and funnels it up to the top and has a history of shady accounting. It regularly lies about its own influence as well cooking numbers to get more funding.

Yet somehow milquetoast media outlets still act like this measurably unpopular, rapidly aging, and non-influential group has some kind of inside peak I to conservatives on college campuses.

7 Likes

That is not what sociopath means, and it is exactly the sort of thing that a real sociopath would say. Actually, the kids who bullied me at school did say that to me, when I failed to ignore them and they finally got a response out of me.

Besides, athletes drop out because of physical injuries all the time and what is the brain if it isn’t a physical part of your body?

I was born at the end of 1979, and I consider him to be part of a much older generation. Probably something before the Lost Generation.

I might be an oddity though as I feel my experiences fit with older millennials better than Gen X. I feel like I got the worst of both generations, cold war paranoia and losing all the safety nets that older generations had.

7 Likes

It’s always psychological projection with these assholes; always.

8 Likes

Umberto Eco:

To those with no social identity at all, Fascism says that their only privilege is the most common privilege of all, that of being born in the same country. This is the origin of nationalism.

4 Likes

This is what he wants and this is what we feed ‘them’ with… angry ineffectual comments…

FUCK!! Just did it myself!!!

1 Like

Indeed, she and folks like her make some of the crazy stuff in superhero movies fall into the realm of the believable. Still the GOAT, and the GOATest of GOATs knows themselves well enough to know when their GOATness isn’t 100%. Gymnasts have died or become quadreplegics from injuries in competition or training. I’m consistently amazed by Biles, like, wow, how can she do that!?!

2 Likes

I sure don’t miss bill bonds. He and the well-known jockey bill shoemaker (when the latter was in town) would sit together at the bar at The Caucus Club and/or The London Chop House, and get shitfaced. They would hurl obscene abuse at anyone, patrons or staff, who came near them. They were so bad that people would describe a vast arc to avoid stepping into their abuse area. bonds would do the same all by himself when shoemaker wasn’t around. There were times he’d be drunk on the air, too. He got in trouble for that more than once.

Mom hostessed at both restaurants when I was tiny.

ETA: Sir Graves and The Ghoul were wonderful :smiley: One of Sir Graves’ directors, Julian, was my Grandma’s tenant. He was very sweet.
The guy who did Dick the Bruiser is good friends w/my buddy Bob, who worked in Detroit radio for decades. Bob wrote most of the parody songs Dick and Co would perform. Whenever he compliments me on one of my own parodies, it makes me esp proud :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As I recall that lifestyle didn’t end well for Shoemaker (paralyzed in a drunk driving accident).

3 Likes

Correct. He sued the State of California, claiming it was the road, not his drunkenness that was at fault.

He lost.

3 Likes