Charlotte Observer food editor tries Kool-Aid pickles

[Permalink]

1 Like

That’s what she… Aww man, too easy.

7 Likes

Speaking of odd food combinations - I was out to dinner the other night and the “chef’s selection” cheesecake was peanut butter flavoured cheesecake with crumbled candied bacon on it. It actually wasn’t bad, it was just… Weird.

If I had a nickel for every time…yeah you’re right too easy.

Surely these are the last days.

1 Like

Black cherry coolickles are an awesome summer treat and they are better than Gatorade for restoring electrolytes.

Different people have different tastes. That’s why I always take even the most extreme reactions of food critics with a grain of salt.

1 Like

No, no. I’m a liberal guy, but I firmly believe that flavored cheesecakes are an abomination, and I’m pretty sure people who do them are Munsters. Or at the very least have Emmental problems. And if there’s a Gouda Lord up there, I’m pretty sure he’ll make sure that they pay for it with some time in Halloumi.

Cheesecakes can have toppings. They should not have flavors.

1 Like

I’m a classic guy myself, though I don’t mind the occasional experiment. This was novel, but not something I would want to have again.

Citation, recipe required.

Take a jar of pickles (whole pickles), drain the liquid but keep it. Mix in Kool-Aide as if liquid were water (use the kind that has its own sugar). Pour liquid back in to jar. Seal jar and let it sit for at least a week.

I like to have them on a stick.

The only blackberry I see is the “Ghoul Aid” mix. How appropos. I’m totally giving these out for Halloween…

I’ve been fascinated by the idea of koolickles, but not enough to actually commit to a jars-worth.

I’ve only had it with cherry flavor, I dunno how another flavor would taste, but I bet the color would be cool.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.