Chat proposal

4 Likes

That’s when you end up with like 13 kids, right?

6 Likes

and were scribed into the brass foil/paper from cigarette boxes?

Very little risk of that here or anywhere else, for that matter. You could achieve a greater rate of archiving nuggets of wisdom than almost any forum, by using Jeff Limbaugh, Donald Trump, Tracy Emin, Charles Manson and Deepak Chopra as a writing team, balling up their hand-written output, and pitching it directly into an active volcano.

I think you are misunderestimating the quality here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see the sense of trying to associate me with George W Bush, but I don’t like it. Smiley face.

1 Like

In my experience as a lady, chats get weirdly flirty even with people that I really don’t have that relationship with on a discussion board.

What I’d really like to see is a closed members only area where people I’ve been talking to for years now I can have an opportunity to talk with without all of BoingBoingland seeing it.

8 Likes

a/s/l?

4 Likes

Some sort of Lounge?

7 Likes

What would be cool, is if the trust level incremented based on more sane criteria than spending one’s entire life on here.

Someone here is called ‘actually a regular’-that applies to me and heaps of others too.

6 Likes

Yeah, but actually a regular is actually a regular.

9 Likes

Seriously, the threshold is ridiculous. Folks like myself deserve to be classified as regulars; actual regulars should be reclassified as addicts.

10 Likes

7 Likes

I only flirt with @OtherMichael.

And sometimes popo.

And tobinl and daneel and sly and ldobe and acer and falcor and… FINE!! I am a social butterfly.

8 Likes

Such as …

1 Like

I agree that the TL system could be a little more granular.

What if there were relaxed reading/visiting standards for a TL2.5 badge?

If that’s a slippery slope to creating TL3.5 to make Regular Leaders, is it a bad thing?

7 Likes

Oh sure! Go ahead, just ignore me while you chase after those pretty boys!

bitch

:slightly_smiling:

8 Likes

Since you asked, you are lacking in topics entered and posts read to make TL3. Posts read needs to be a lot higher, in particular. But every other criteria is met.

3 Likes

(Don’t worry, I’ll cuddle here soon :blush:)

2 Likes

you take that back… i do go away to sleep…sorta…kinda.

7 Likes