"Cheap formal" clothing chain Express bankrupt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/23/cheap-formal-clothing-chain-express-bankrupt.html

2 Likes

I don’t see the vulture capitalists circling around this one. The brand doesn’t have much value, no-one needs bad suits and poorly selected women’s clothing as a necessity of life, there are a wide range of competing businesses in the sector, and it doesn’t look like any creditors will be open to making it a bust-out candidate.

1 Like

I’ve always been a cheapskate when it comes to clothing, but I’ve also been spoiled by having plenty of decent-sized thrift stores near me where you can get pretty decent clothing for a fraction of that price, without the guilt associated with supporting exploitative sweat shops or contributing to the environmental damage wrought by “fast fashion.”

4 Likes

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

4 Likes

Thrift stores or place like Ross or Marshalls where you can get last years name brand stuff cheap are a good way to get decent quality for a lower price. Especially on clearance! Buy when you DON’T need it, but its on sale.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t buy Express new, but I appreciate a nice Express shirt from my local thrift store

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.