Check out this awesome Optimus Prime toy

Originally published at: Check out this awesome Optimus Prime toy | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This revised version (smaller than the one from last year but for the same amount - the original is now more expensive) is all over every social media platform right now. I’m guessing it’s their Christmas push.

Shame I’m not an influencer as I’d love one of these but I have many many things I’d rather spend $800 on. And I say that with several dozen classic and modern Transformers within arms reach.

1 Like

It’s very sad if you think there’s some cutoff age when it comes to playing with toys.

2 Likes

I find it very telling we don’t get to see the toy “transform” on camera.

1 Like

Do we, though?

3 Likes

Both the old one and this current version really transform and have a surprising level of balance and articulation, you can even program custom animations, Adam Savage did a video on the new one:

While Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes did a video on the old one:

3 Likes

The best version of Transformers is pretty recent, too: the comic series Transformers: More than Meets the Eye, by James Roberts and Alex Milne, which continued as Transformers: Lost Light, by Roberts and Jack Lawrence.

A lot of heart, a lot of sci-fi weirdness, surprisingly LGBT-inclusive for a book where all the characters are robots, and even gives Megatron a redemption arc. Plus it’s funny.

1 Like

re: that track in the background, I only just put it together that’s the one Dirk Diggler covered.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.