Check out this breathtaking crystal cave found inside of a huge marble mine"

Originally published at: Check out this breathtaking crystal cave found inside of a huge marble mine" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

If ever there was a time and a place for those ULTRA bright flashlights, this is it.

2 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

11 Likes

No wonder the marble mine shut down. None of the material left looks very spherical. /s

15 Likes

When we were kids we were on a tour of some caverns in Ohio, at one point they turned off the lights where the cave discoverer’s oil lamp went out.

The only time I experienced can not see your hand in front of your face. Freaky.

The guide told the story how he found his way out avoiding long drops and wrong tunnels.

Can’t imagine being that deep and then losing lights. I would have 14 backup power supplies and throw in 3 more just in case.

I wish they would show how they find their way out if it’s a newly discovered cave or one they’ve never explored before.

6 Likes

Do you want C.H.U.D.s? Because that’s how you get C.H.U.D.s.

2 Likes

Daaannng!

Smells like burnt rope in here!

I know, right? And here I thought marbles were manufactured in big factories. The things you learn from the internet…

1 Like

Crystal caves are somewhat popular. I toured one in Bermuda in May of 2005.

Big old nope from me. I’ve been caving and didn’t much like it. I am not afraid of heights, love to scuba, but going deep underground for some reason does not enhance my well-being at all. I started to sweat just watching the video.

Looks very cool though.

1 Like

If you ever find yourself in a cave with a maze of twisty little passages, all alike, just type u to get back to the beginning. If you are in a twisty maze of passageways, all different just type d.

Or try Xyzzy

2 Likes

For good reason. Those room and pillar mines are incredibly dangerous. Our area is riddled with them and just walking into the publicly-accessible ones and seeing all the cracks and shifted segments of the ceiling freaks me out. Not to mention the numerous people who’ve been lost in them, including the ones we don’t even know about.

Minecraft has conditioned me to believe this is normal. All caves hit a bigger cave at some point. And occasionally abandoned mines filled with Zombies.

1 Like

A hollow voice says “plugh”.

3 Likes

You want giant crystals? Try Mexico:

You bring a ball of twine with you, tie one end to the entrance and unroll it as you go. Just dont try using breadcrumbs

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.