Check out this hilarious Batman meme

Originally published at: Check out this hilarious Batman meme | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Pool’s Closed
Due to Bats.

6 Likes

Ugh, Instagram is doing that thing again where it arbitrarily requires a login to view a post. Maybe because this is a Reel? I don’t even know. Anyway, no hilarious Batman meme for me. :frowning:

ETA: aha, if i do it in an incognito window the embed works. That definitely captured the spirit of Batman, I’ll give it that.

3 Likes

This should have been Adam West with a SPLASH!!! graphic sound bubble overlaid.

6 Likes

It’s really astonishing how the proliferation of video has led companies to cripple the very act of viewing to the point of uselessness.

6 Likes

It turns out you are not missing anything.

9 Likes

can’t unsee bat camel toe

5 Likes

Before Frank Miller turned him into a snarling and violent crime smasher,

While Miller turned it up to 11, riding the wave of 80s “ultra violence” in media, I think it was Neal Adams and Denny O’Neil who shifted him from a campy crime fighter to a more grounded “Dark Knight”. IIRC.

3 Likes

was that the problem. I thought it was “no diving”

1 Like

It’s referencing an older meme from the Habbo Hotel 4chan raid.

1 Like

Made me think of how one of my teachers talked us through Dirty Harry to explain fascism.

I wonder what he would have had to say in regard to Batman.

Agreed, O’Neil and Adams ushered in the “dark knight” era, but it was later writers, including Alan Moore, who turned Bats into a sadistic rage-o-holic. As for Miller, neo-fascism has been an undercurrent in his work almost from the beginning.

1 Like

Is this really a meme though?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.