Check out this ingenious way to get hot dogs on the grill!

Originally published at: Check out this ingenious way to get hot dogs on the grill! | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Excuse me, grill a hot dog ?!?

1 Like

Unless you buy a whole mess of chassis, it looks like you have to go retrieve it every time. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hot (dog) Wheels!

3 Likes

That’s what having a friend at the grill is for! He can toss it up to the balcony.

(I really just wanted to say that the one shot with the friend at the grill cheering the landing made the video go from “interesting” to “charming” for me)

4 Likes

Damn right. With a split down the middle to get a little more area for charring, and getting those edges a little black.

I don’t mind boiled hotdogs, but they always seem slightly more like a meat balloon to me.

3 Likes

Working Steven Yeun GIF by TIFF

That’s a Bratwurst, for crying out loud. Not a hot dog.
Don’t make me quote colonel Batguano.

No way. I’m happy to die on this hill.

All of these are delicious ways to slice your hotdog before grilling, adding some great carbonized flavors:

And here of course is Serious Eats on grilling hotdogs:

About being a dangerous pre-vert, or needing to answer to the Coca Cola Company?

5 Likes

Yes. The whole point is to maximize the Maillard reaction surface area. Spiral has been my personal favorite since the ’80s, when (I thought) I invented it.

1 Like

Would you prefer electrocution?

1 Like
1 Like

You decide how you like your wieners, and I’ll decide how I make mine.

Also, those are wieners, not hot dogs. Reported.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.