Cheeseburger removed from Happy Meal menu

“Shall I super-size that?”
“Yes, Mistress”.

4 Likes

god dammit…I am stopping by McDonald’s for a cheeseburger on my way home!

1 Like

Do you normally get happy meals?

I rarely ever get fast food. But McDonalds would be once a year snagging a cheeseburger and small fry, or a 4 piece nugget. I think I may have had a Big Mac about 3 years ago.

I don’t think it is hard to find calories, or cheeseburgers, at McDonalds. You can always order him a happy meal AND a cheeseburger.

2 Likes

Am going to guess that the apples are the misnamed ‘Red Delicious’ which would mean: no.

1 Like

He’ll eat one burger. I could do that and try to swap out the hamburer. But, then who eats a McDonalds hamburger. @Ryjkyj isn’t far off on cheese making the burger.

Sounds like a walkthrough to an old Lucasarts adventure game :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fast food places like McDonald’s are also pretty famous for letting you add or remove items to your food. They’re sure to honor your request for a hamburger happy meal w/chee, the price difference will probably be exactly the same as well.

1 Like
3 Likes

That was cheese?!

2 Likes

Got you beat on the Big Mac. Ditto on the rest, though.

1 Like

So, now I guess we need to get quarter-pounders for kids who want a cheeseburger? That should help.

3 Likes

Yeah, to be clear, a cheeseburger is simply no longer the default option and will be available by request.

5 Likes

In sarcastic voice:

Good job. Now they’ll have to call it a Crappy Meal.

1 Like

Or chee dealers standing outside, who’ll slip you a plastic-wrapped slice for a bit cash.

4 Likes

I was scanning the article, looking for the part where it says they replaced the cheeseburger with some other, healthier choices. No dice. I’m not against them changing the menu, but saying they’re offering “more choices” is a rather obvious and shameless lie. As for the cheeseburger, I believe the article says you can still get it with a Happy Meal on request, so I guess it’s now one of those “secret menu” items I’ve heard so much about.

I think the real change with happy meals came when they added apple slices as a default and started offering yogurt as a replacement for the fries. The addition of milk or juice instead of soda and you’ve got a much more reasonable meal than what I was getting in happy meals as a kid.

1 Like

1 Like

Riiiight. So how much for cheese -and- a kombucha^Wgrilled-spider patty or something so at least obese kids can be daring?

4 Likes