Chekhov's Gun, explained through an antique gun show

Originally published at: Chekhov's Gun, explained through an antique gun show | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Clever. Sadly, I’ve seen real-life collectors of firearms handle their toys in not dissimilar ways.

11 Likes

We reached the end and the gun has not been fired. I guess this was just a hoax. /s

10 Likes

Brilliantly done!

By the end, I was on the edge of my seat, watching it through my fingers, desperate not to hear another bang, but certain I would.

That was, of course only the first act. The second sees him taking it home to tell his wife and visiting the auction house to put it into auction.

The third act probably sees the auctioneer shooting the buyer who just bid $100k.

21 Likes

I love the ironic ending, but is it wrong that I was hoping that it would end with one final bang, with the camera tilting sideways and then the cut to the final card with the value of the gun stated, then edited onscreen to a lesser value because it had been used.

17 Likes

Not to be confused with Chekhov’s Gum, which gets chewed in the first act, and then ends up stuck to the sole of your shoe in the third.

8 Likes

Chekov’s gun, they said?

Gas Enterprise GIF

7 Likes

The joke is that Chekhov has two guns.

12 Likes
7 Likes

More like Schrodinger’s gun. Amirite.

1 Like

Journalists seem to all assume that folks know what Chekhov’s Gun is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.