Chemtrail activists want Marriott hotels to remove wall art

:joy:

10 Likes

15 Likes

That makes me feel even more like a klutz since I have problems doing this standing upright and still.

14 Likes

The “remove one leg from pants,get tangled, hop forward three times and faceplant onto the bed” maneuver is a specialty of mine. Maybe I need more trampolines around the house.

18 Likes

Okay, but to be fair to the Americans, I have seen chemtrails warning ads on Toronto public transit. So we’re not as free of tinfoil headgear as we’d like to be.

4 Likes

I have “family” and I have “relatives.” Many of the people in my family are not related to me by blood nor marriage, but oddly enough few of my relatives are family. I’ll also note that I moved about 900 miles away to escape my relatives and where I grew up.

At least some of my family would be related by marriage if we could do this legally, of course. As it is, I noted a few weeks ago that I have far more in common with the relatives of one of my partners than I do with my own relatives. I’m happy to know that they accept me as family … especially when I see what some people go through with their families.

8 Likes

Yeah, someone in Montreal was fairly prolific with spraypaint & a “STOP CHEMTRAILS” stencil. When I first saw it a couple months ago, I felt a bit nostalgic, because I thought no one believed in chemtrails anymore and this was some kind of delightful throwback, akin to arguing about phlogiston. Turns out

5 Likes

New word for me: phlogiston. Next time I meet someone who takes “all-natural” to absurd lengths by using 19c terminology, I’ll have to toss that at them after I get through the “and yet there’s cyanide in apple seeds” part.

3 Likes

Talking to these (often IFLS reposting) people about science fact is like telling a dog a knock-knock joke. They’re shameless and brainless.

I like to pull this one out:

“You’re going 19th century? Let’s go 19th century. According to the phrenology the measurements of the negro skull indicates…”

2 Likes

Spray vinegar on them!

1 Like

https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/original/3X/5/b/5b8fad86341506683a65e7135102dd308d4dbee2.jpg

Kitten’s expression is priceless! “Really, Bob…really?”

10 Likes

I’m going to crap in every one of your shoes. Then I’m going to eat until I’m full. Then I’m going to repeat the process.

7 Likes

It’s even better in reverse.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.