@chgoliz says goodbye

Gonna miss you a lot. Might not be far behind you.

18 Likes

@chgoliz you will be missed! I wish you all the best wherever life takes you

11 Likes

Damn.

Fuck.

Iā€™m sorry to see you go pushed away @chgoliz. If you donā€™t feel welcome, then the rest of us probably shouldnā€™t feel welcome either. I know I donā€™t. Not anymore.

Iā€™m writing this down here for future reference, please, nobody reply to this. In fact, donā€™t even read it.
I keep hearing about racist sexist comments I rarely come across, but as a relatively privileged person Iā€™m self aware enough to know that if everybody around you is screaming fire and heading for the exits, then Iā€™d better not stick around.
Except the fire metaphor is just that, a metaphor, this fire, whatever it is, does not burn me, but id does consume everybody around me, it destroys everything that is beautiful about this world. It also robs meaning from my life and cheapens my existence for those hurting around me are my betters, this fire does not spare me because I am special, it spares me because I am common, and blind, and apparently deaf.
Iā€™ll take a few days off to think about it. If I donā€™t outright leave now itā€™s only because I donā€™t want the trollies to win.

22 Likes

[sad button]

*click *

22 Likes

I was too shocked at what happened in the course of 20 minutes to even process what was going on, let alone comment yesterday.

Iā€™m sorry you were treated poorly here, and Iā€™m sorry that the view of some of those in control has shifted from laissez-faire attitude to the feeling now where if youā€™ve been here for long enough, itā€™s time to be disappeared or pushed out. Your posts have been a breath of common sense for years here, and I hope our paths can cross again in the future.

Ich mache mir Sorgen um eine Eispickel in Mexiko. Der Ɯbergang vom Frieden zur Gleichschaltung, ist traumatisch gewesen. Was gut ist behauptet, eine Gemeinschaft zu haben, wenn sie Menschen verbieten? Der Zweck dieses Ortes war, uns einen separaten Bereich von der grĆ¶ĆŸeren Webseite zu geben, weg von den Launen der Verleger, die die Kommentare nicht schƤtzten. Ich bin mit einer fĆ¼r eine Weile fertig. Vielen Dank, Yar-zon

13 Likes

13 Likes

The atmosphere here has been depressing lately. I honestly wonder how long it will be before I give up on here and move on, and yesterday felt like a big step closer to that.

I hope to see @chgoliz around in other places.

24 Likes

@chgolizā€¦ Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re leaving. I wish you wouldnā€™tā€¦ but I understand. Youā€™ve made an undeniable impact by being here. I will miss you. I donā€™t know about whenā€¦ but I do hope to see you again elsewhereā€¦

Edited to fix hyperactive autocorrect.

24 Likes

As the great Ernie hammingway wrote, ā€œand so it goesā€. It has been the people and personalities here that made it engaging. And in the immortal words of the band Chancellor, ā€œthe dust, it biteth yet one moreā€.

Those that know, know how to reach both Liz and I. So to paraphrase the scholar and philosopher Bernie Patrick Harris, ā€œI said good day!ā€

14 Likes

Only just seeing this, i donā€™t know what thread was that broke the camelā€™s back. Though thereā€™s been multiple threads lately where discussion was fairly unpleasant so it seems that it would have happened sooner or later.

Chgoliz you will be missed. I canā€™t speak for other people but myself but i have been trying very hard lately to be mindful of the kind of comments i post. Iā€™ve tried sticking up for some people with opinions that ended up with them being drowned in a lot of negativity. But i fully get the frustration that you mustā€™ve been feeling that made you tell yourself that enough was enough. I can only hope that maybe you will come back in time, but if not know that i will miss having you around.

Iā€™m just some random online dude, but at least here weā€™re part of a community. Just as you were, you always have a place here.

15 Likes

I dunno, Iā€™ve not yet seen people kicked out by the hosts for saying their peace. Repeating their peace, harping on it, and placing blame for the lack of it on the hostsā€¦ thatā€™s always been ejectable.

That said, I think it is both reasonable and unfortunate that @chgoliz has chosen to leave. I did so for 60 days, at my own choice, and not in protest, just to disengage for a while in something I care about but do not control.

The real irony is, if we were ever to chose moderators from the community, @chgoliz is who Iā€™d have nominated.

16 Likes

Only now seeing this so iā€™m sorry to see you go.

Iā€™ve never been very active here but even my usage has dropped off since the purges and having a recent post get deleted because i dare criticise the PTB.

6 Likes

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.