Chicago emergency room preps for big patient increase during World Series

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/28/chicago-emergency-room-preps-f.html

Type A, triple bypass, living in Chicago, Halloween birthday, Cubs in the World Series…I’d better check up on dad early this year.

9 Likes

Stadium food is probably another factor. Chest pain is chest pain, whether it’s from acute MI or indigestion.

2 Likes

I am watching every Cubs game with my Dad, one hand on the remote, the other hand on the 911 speed dial.

I am not kidding.

When Jake Arrieta’s pitching got uneven in the bottom of the fifth in Cleveland, the pressure was so bad that he left the room – even though the Cubs had a five run lead.

Such is the psychic reality of a man who has followed the Cubs intensely every years since 1953. He’s running out of years to say “Maybe next year”

5 Likes

Must be for the visiting team fans… I thought that Chicago Superfans took care of such things on their own.

12 Likes

Thanks, but I need to reserve my heart-attack-inducing anxiety for November 8th.

7 Likes

s/exasperating/exacerbating

Also "W™"? I don’t think so.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.