Child, 3, shot dad in the butt with family gun

A Hi Point Yeet Cannon G1 only costs $180.

The price of freedom indeed.

(this is a real gun)

6 Likes

Yes that’s arguably even more inappropriate than the phrase “family dildo.” I’m all in favor of sharing but some things ought to be off limits to the children.

2 Likes

That is what happens when you ask the internet to name something. Seriously. Only slightly better than Gunny McGunface.

1 Like

Now you did it.

2 Likes
21 Likes

The only thing that will stop a toddler with a gun is another toddler with a bigger gun. Arm them all!

5 Likes

I used to play with the gun Dad brought home from WWII, a Japanese knock-off of a German Luger. Of course, there never, ever was any actual ammo in the house; Dad couldn’t even stand to watch war movies. Playing with the gun was fun for up to less than a minute, although I did get to use it in 12th grade English class doing the scene from Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf where George re-enters, points a gun at Martha and says, “Bang!” Now, imagine me standing outside a classroom door waiting for my cue with a real gun. Frightening to think about now. The scene DID work though.

10 Likes

I had some friends who ceremoniously gifted their eldest son with the family bong when he turned eighteen and moved out of the house.

7 Likes

And dad is being charged with what? Shouldn’t he have some consequence besides a (literal) pain in the butt? This is evidence of child endangerment at least.

2 Likes

People don’t always realize how good toddlers are at reaching. They might not be as agile as cats, but they do have opposable thumbs.

5 Likes

At least we can take solace in the fact that an asshole got a hole in his ass.

Life imitates Trailer Park Boys.

3 Likes

21 Likes

3-year-old boy shoots sleeping father in buttocks

He had his reasons.

4 Likes

His ass. I guess the little tike was too short and couldn’t lift the gun high enough to do the job right.

1 Like

Humans are the most dangerous animal on the planet. A toddler is a human without a safety (or brakes).

4 Likes

There are, on average, one of these types of shootings a week. That’s 52 assholes a year, and I know from long experience that there are far more than that. They’ve just been lucky their toddlers didn’t pull the trigger on the weapon they found, or it wasn’t loaded, or the safety was on, or never noticed how it had been left lying around. That’s a WHOLE lot of assholes. And yet another reason why “the right to bear arms” needs to be regulated, because people are dumb fucking shits and guns are designed to kill. It’s not like they left a marker lying around and little junior wrote on the walls.

10 Likes

I’m tempted to make a snarky comment about needing a license to get a gun but not to become a parent, but what’s the use?

Put the gun in a case and lock the case. Problem solved.

This. So much this.

4 Likes

So the guy is an asshole as a result of getting an asshole?

ETA I now see that @NickyG beat me to it.

1 Like

I hear the kid was no angel either.

4 Likes