Childlike ghost caught on video and spotted by police in Ohio

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

1 Like

I ain’t fraid a no ghost

2 Likes

M8K4

6 Likes

Mentor is pretty white (94.5% nonhispanic white) and comparatively affluent for the area ($76,000 median household income. They tend to be better at not firing randomly because there might actually be some type of consequences, probably not criminal, but they risk termination.

3 Likes

Well, ghosts are (at least supposed to be) white, so, the conclusion is obvious.

3 Likes

A plastic bag blowing?

The “blur” very clearly disappears behind a tree, for one, so you know it’s actually across the street rather than on the camera lens. Whereas the camera is focused on one end of a quite long driveway, which appears to also have some local illumination (from off camera) as well as being calibrated for the streetlight in frame, the thing being picked up is not just beyond the driveway but across the street, too - in shadow. Couple that with a low frame rate, and anyone running even during the day would probably be a choppy, blurry mess. (Which would be interesting to compare.)

season 1 fighting GIF by American Gods

2 Likes
1 Like

Anyone who thinks this ghost is “running too quickly for a child” has never asked a toddler what they have in their mouth.

14 Likes

Kids on the spectrum also are known for atypical gait, irregular sleeping, and getting out at night.

2 Likes

Definitely not a lens aberration since the object in question runs behind a tree and a light post and fades into the dark where the camera loses light.

IMO Definitely a kid in shorts (can make out socks at the ankles), captured with a slow shutter speed/ frame rate and low detail.

I’m not sure why people have to assume “ghost!” other than poor education. We need waaay more science funding for schools. More funding for schools in general.

I mean seriously, from a blurry image the first thing someone thought was “OMG a ghost”? Sheesh. How is this “news”?

1 Like

I’m from Mentor, and I’m here to let you know it’s pronounced “Menner”. Now you know. Also, I’m the ghost in the video, and my name is James A Garfield.

2 Likes

Here’s my current thinking because the sourcing on this article/video isn’t great. It talks about the figure not being on a dash cam. I originally took this as the dash cam of the car pointing at the street. I now realize the story they are telling in the video has nothing directly to do with this video.

If this is video from is actually around the same time police were looking for a kid, it’s probably a kid. If it’s someone anomaly hunting because they heard spooky stories around town: who knows. I also would love to see someone try to run the same path during the day.

1 Like

That’s my understanding of the situation - that there were sightings (by the person who called it in, and the cop) and this security cam video taken at (about) the same time and location, fitting the description of the sightings. It sounds like there might have been multiple nights worth of security cam video, too, though the cops only got called out once. But yeah, they’re being a bit vague about some things.

(I figure the kid didn’t show up on the cop’s dash cam because the cam is set up to capture cars in front of the police cruiser [with at least headlights on them], not a kid running along the sidewalk in the dark, assuming the kid was even remotely in the dash cam’s field of view.)

Weather balloon.

The video doesn’t look spooky at all. It just looks like a crappy camera filming someone running in low light conditions.

No wonder they didn’t catch the kid!

3 Likes

Surely that’s running while not erect. One holds one body upright for regular running, which makes me think that’s not actually what was meant.

Compared to those orphans who live at Doctor Moreau’s place, down the lane? (Are we not men?)

1 Like