China's lunar rover to investigate mysterious cube on the dark side of the Moon

If you don’t survive the initial test to share (i.e., publish) your findings, does it really “work?”

4 Likes

That’ s what the interns are for, said the mad professor.

7 Likes

“Maybe we can eat it?”

2 Likes

Jodie Whittaker Tardis GIF by Doctor Who

duh

23 Likes

Wrong. It is clearly one of these.

15 Likes

Yeah, boosted for probability. I’ll be surprised if it’s actually interesting at all.

2 Likes

I’ve got a very confusing feeling about this.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Elevator entrance into the Nazi moon base.

11 Likes

I think this thread is complete now. Thank you.

3 Likes

Do you dare enter the House of Mystery?

5 Likes

Don’t. I’d have posted the correction if you hadn’t. One of the important lessons from the last few years is the importance of being technically or scientifically correct about things and there’s no shame in pointing out when something’s wrong.

The only people who should feel bad are those who would try to belittle someone for trying to clarify a misconception.

6 Likes

They’ll drive the rover to it and discover a Tesla logo on the side, and learn that Elon Musk put it there to advertise the Doge "block"chain.

Or maybe it’s a sculpture of Jack Dorsey?

2 Likes

8 Likes

I assume this just stuck in rather than landing flat.

14 Likes

I’m not sure what would be weirder - a (vaguely) cube-shaped boulder, or the detritus of a Moon mission that apparently wasn’t public knowledge…

5 Likes

Didn’t Cory write a story about the first moon landing, which ended with the astronaut seeing something in distance, and when he invested it, it turned out to be the descent stage of Apollo 11?

1 Like

Oh, it works for that, too. Needs two people, though.

2 Likes

A cube? Isn’t it maybe more roughly spherical?

8 Likes

12 Likes