"Mystery House" seen on moon by China's Yutu-2 rover turns out to be boring lump of rock

Originally published at: "Mystery House" seen on moon by China's Yutu-2 rover turns out to be boring lump of rock | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Taking its cues from The Curse of Oak Island, I see.

6 Likes

Yes, but what’s inside the rock? Have they drilled into it yet?

2 Likes

Boring? Just random rocks on the moon like that have a story. Is it part of the moon ejected from an impact? Is it a meteorite? What is the composition?

2 Likes

It resembles with an uncanny aura every home I’ve ever lived in on the Moon. Don’t get me started on the cheese, it’s out’a this world.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Boring?! A rock that a little probe was able to drive across an airless landscape, a quarter-million miles away, just to get a better look at?

I think it’s wonderful.

8 Likes

The thing is that some people got it into their heads that there is a house on Mars. Now NO amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.

1 Like

This is really gonna piss off Elmo

7 Likes

That’s where JFK is waiting until the right moment to return and proclaim Trumpy as God- Emperor! /end QAnon mode

2 Likes

If someone gave me a lunar rock in my trick-or-treat bag, best Halloween ever!!!

1 Like

Rock is oddly light and houses house key.
Rock is sitting on a bunch of old space mail.
Rock is oddly heavy and pops out into welcome center to lava tube on perturbance.
Rock’s ports for visiting miniature space fleets go unnoticed as usual.

‘that they’re now calling “jade rabbit” for its appearance’

This is definitely coming back as a future headline in the less believable parts of the Internet (hello Daily Mail): ‘SHOCK! Rabbit found on Moon’.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.