Chinese AI traffic cam mistook a bus ad for a human and publicly shamed the CEO it depicted for jaywalking

2ej69i

4 Likes

In this case you don’t even need to argue against the “nothing to hide, nothing to fear” fallacy. When we’re talking about “crimes” on the order of jaywalking, everyone has something to hide.

The interesting thing is that a society would be willing(?) to tolerate surveillance even when it is confirmed that, yes, it is aimed at you. It suggests that this tolerance is not simply a matter of self-interested people thinking it won’t affect them; there might be an element of people wanting Daddy to punish them when they’re naughty. I find that worryingly plausible when thinking about the UK, and I get the impression China is even more shame-driven.

1 Like

Some local high school students printed out a fake license plate of one of their teachers and then sped past the speed cameras…

1 Like

If the traffic cam AI developers had their own faces displayed on a billboard for every identification mistake, maybe those bugs would get fixed much faster. :thinking::nerd_face:

Bussy McBussface?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.