Chloe Dykstra pens essay about ex Chris Hardwick

Trigger warning: abuse, anorexia, assault

Some serious allegations, and she’s lawyered up, so I’m going with #BelieveWomen

Seems to be a lot of people on twitter that know him and have worked with him that are backing her too.

10 Likes

Why do people censor stuff when they are quoting someone?

What on earth is the censored word here?

“I think I love you too, f****t.”

Any guesses?

1 Like

Probably a word used for a “bundle of sticks”

6 Likes

Ah. Thank you. I think…

It’s a powerful article.

2 Likes

From having been a Nerdist listener, I’d guess “fuckwit”.

6 Likes

The podcasts pretty much covered the relationship - they met cosplaying the Doctor, they moved in together, he set her up with a cosplay show on the YouTube channel, things got difficult, she was ostracized. Her essay gives a fuller story, and and I can see both sides.

Emotional abuse is still abuse.

1 Like

Irony meter goes to eleven

2 Likes

Dammit, the fakes have started making the rounds. /sigh

1 Like

Haven’t clicked the link, because I haven’t even had my coffee yet and I know I’m not ready to deal with another fucked up account of abuse just yet.

But if true, file this one under I’m not at all surprised; Hardwick always gave me a low-profile ‘douchebag’ vibe in general.

5 Likes

Given the tone of her essay and the “statement” from Chris I’m inclined to believe every allegation, which makes me sad because the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the silliness of At Midnight.

Two broken people can fuck up a lot of shit together, especially when one is an abusive controlling fuckwit.

1 Like

There have been quite a few of Hardwick’s other acquaintances coming out to support the view that he’s a douche.

https://twitter.com/demimf99/status/1007571638416740352?s=21

6 Likes

This is what Wil Wheaton said so far:

and his tweet about it:

Essentially nothing.

Seems like Felicia Day’s comment was similar, with her expressing concern for Dykstra.

3 Likes

Still nothing, from what i can see…

3 Likes

Yup.
He’ll ignore it, continue posting memes and about other issues.
This is how abuse flourishes. Because people don’t want to think that their friends can treat others badly.
Cowards.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s really disappointing, but I guess not surprising, either.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.